Mikes Park Resort

(705) 282-2745

Mikes Park Resort Kagawong Reviews

row-zzzzz row-zzzzz
Mikes Park Resort Aug 02, 2008
You may find getting there hard but take your time you'll find it. It's a campground that was family owned in 2007 and our experience there was great ...

They have what I wanted ... water front camping ... I like to sleep-in and sometimes just relax with a coffee or cold one ... and the water front allows for our girls to play in the water without the whole family packing up for the day ... I prefer that because once everything has been set up tents, eating tents, beds prepped etc. relaxing on a lawnchair is perfect.

This campground has a little trail for kids to go on a hunt and search and find the number of little wooden owls that are nailed here or there ... if they come back with the correct number they automatically get a JUMBO FREEZY .. just what kids in the summer are looking for and hey, it keeps them occupied for a half hour sucking it all back while we relax by a fire or just take in the sun or fall asleep on a lwnchair in the shade ...

You have it made here ... and there is much to see around this campground ... stay for at least 3 nights and 4 days to truly enjoy this area of Manitoulin Island ... the beauty is all around

Animals there: Snakes, Racoons, Birds, Chipmunks and Squirrels and then Deer, Moose, Bears, Wolves (they tend not to venture into campground) but the other 5 I mentioned at the beginning have no problem chowing down on our food etc. Just be careful ... I have scares from chasing a snake last summer, I wanted to catch that perfect picture ... I tried :)
heathergreen10 says:
We stayed here a few years ago and absolutely loved it! Wanted to go back this summer but seems the number has been disconnected...I hope they didn't close down. :(

My favourite part about it was that you can canoe down the river to the Bridal Veil Falls - amazing!
Posted on: Mar 23, 2015