1731 Rue Saint-Denis, Montreal, Canada
www.mikadomontreal.com - (514) 844-5705
Mikado - Waiter pouring the sake :)
Mikado - Miso soup
Mikado - Ah, shashimi! :)
Mikado - Ah, shashimi! :)

Mikado Montreal Reviews

Jamal1280 Jamal1280
Good fish, good price Sep 12, 2011
I went with a couple of friends to this restaurant during my first night in Montreal, mainly because one of my friends had never tried sushi before and wanted to.

The decor is simple, yet elegant. I found it very inviting :) And it wasn't hard to get service, because strangely, we were pretty much the only people in the restaurant at the time, save one person.

For an appetizer, I had a bowl of miso soup. If you've never had miso soup before, I guess the best way I can describe the taste, in my opinion - it's like a mushroom broth. At least that's the dominate flavor that I get out of it. I looked it up later and found it that it's often made with shiitake mushrooms. I liked it :)

Mikado is known for it's array of sushi rolls, and I did try a few, but I actually bought a plate of shashimi instead, with salmon, tuna and some other types of fish. I'm a big fan of shashimi, and it was excellent, especially with the soy sauce I had with it.

Me and my friend's friend, who brought us there, also drank some sake with our food. Our other friend tried it and didn't like it at all...and she also found out that she's not a fan of sushi either. Oh well, more for us! lol

And that's the key to coming to this restaurant. If you're not a fan of sushi, it's definitely not the place for you. But if you're into raw fish and a plethora of sushi rolls, this just might be your spot in Montreal.
Waiter pouring the sake :)

Check Montreal Hotel Deals