Mikadi Beach Resort

Check Dar es Salaam Hotel Deals

Mikadi Beach Resort Dar es Salaam Reviews

Johnpro Johnpro
A good reason to fight :) Nov 03, 2013
Almost opposite to Dar Es Salaam city port in a good location ! Far away from the city center ! This is not a hotel but a campsite :)

I assembly my little tent in the grass but I did a small mistake ... :)

The campsite offer me a lot of amenities and cover my expectation :) A very good pub in the campsite with a lot of drinks and food for lunch or a dinner ! And the prices cheap enough :) I had some drinks there and also a dinner :) The dinner tasteful and the quality good !

The beach was couple of meters away from the camp ! The beach long enough and the sand white (yellow whatever) fine . The water shallow for the 50 first meters or more !

The water of the sea ? I can't say clear and a lot of small blue jelly fish around :) I enjoy my swimming with company some countless jelly fishes :) I try one time , and I don't risk again :) The blue stuff in my uploaded pictures are those cute jelly fishes :)

Bathrooms ... clean a lot for the first hours , but later no soaps around no toilet paper and the area quite dirty :)

About the showers !!! Is more better to go in the sea with your soap :) They had 4 separate cabins for shower , all of them with cold water and ??? Salted at all :) The staff told me about the water is salted and comes straight from the beach with water pumps :) As it have I had a shower there :)

A lot of humidity in the middle of August and a good party of mosquitoes before and around the sunset :)

And close with my small mistake ... :) I set my tent not very far from the campsite main street ! Many cars , motorbikes and peoples where talking around there and the better of all the safety guards :) Ready to have a small fight speech but I said keep cool Greek traveler :) , make me sick from the noise because I tried to relax and then to sleep around 10 pm , but the humidity my sort mosquitoes hunting keep me wide awake and finally get for sleep around 11:30 pm :)

The campsite safe enough with guards and many employees !

I had only an overnight there and then jump to Zanzibar :)

I don't like to speak for any recommendation because I don't know if revisited that place again :) At least upload some good pictures to have a look , so think and deem :)
Johnpro says:
Just in the pictures Helen , the beach are lovely :)
Posted on: Nov 13, 2013
HelenP says:
nice sunset pix and the beach looked lovely in the photos.. not so sure about mozzies and jelly fish though. Prefer own bathroom to just share with gekkos..
Posted on: Nov 11, 2013
wandafromtexas says:
tho it's been since 2005 since there...stilllllllll remember the country. Thanks !
Posted on: Nov 02, 2013