Middle Eastern Restaurant

325-829-3183

Middle Eastern Restaurant Abilene Reviews

esterrene esterrene
The best Falafel in Texas!! May 26, 2010
This little restaurant is a gem!!! It is the ONLY restaurant in Abilene and the surrounding area serving traditional and high quality Middle Eastern cuisine!! The restaurant is operates by Sabah and his family. They came over from Iraq less than 2 years ago. With the help of his friends in the American Air Force he and his wonderful wife were able to start a new life in Abilene, TX and open a little mom and pop restaurant.

The love and pride that they have in their place is evident! Sabah will happily tell you about his chicken or lentil soup, or even talk to you about the road trips that he and his family have been taking since their arrival. Their friendly personality and jovial vibes add even more to the enjoyment of their tasty menu!!

I ordered the falafel sandwich which came with a dollop of hummus, small salad of fresh veggies, and pickled mango salsa.. Sabah, the owner wouldn't, tell me at first what the pickled mangos were until I tried it. He insisted that I give it a try on the falafel. Oh My Goodness! he was right! The pickled mangos really brought out the flavor of the falafel.. I was seriously having one of those moments where I wished I had an extra large stomach so I could enjoy more falafel!!

Along with my sandwich I enjoyed a free cup of lentil soup garnished with some fried onions. It was def one of the best lentil soups I have had in a long time! It was simple, perfectly spiced, and good to the last drop.

I don't normally eat deserts, but Sabah proudly spoke of his family's homemade baklava with pistachios.. I have to say it too was tasty and a little messy! :P haha I was afraid that most if it would end up on my shirt instead of in my mouth! To finish the meal he brought me a cup of black tea in those adorable belly cups..

I can not express enough how amazing every bite of my meal was. If you are ever in the Abilene area please consider stopping by The Middle Eastern restaurant. They are great people serving great food!

Check Abilene Hotel Deals