Midas Resort San Ignacio

Check San Ignacio Hotel Deals

Midas Resort San Ignacio Reviews

mnsco350 mnsco350
Jungle cabin Mar 05, 2011
My Belize trip from 02/21- 02/25 started badly- my flight from MinneSNOWta was cancelled due to a blizzard so I missed my first night at the Midas Resort in San Ignacio, Belize.

I arrived in Belize City on the morning of 02/22 and took a taxi from the airport to San Ignacio to save time. ($100 USD). I arrived at the Midas Resort at about noon. I inquired at the front desk about trying to get a tour set up to Tikal, Guatamala since I was unable to arrange one ahead of time because the tours require at least 2 people for a tour.(everybody else doesn't travel alone???) Fortunately, the helpful receptionist was able to get me in on a tour with another couple from the Midas Hotel.

I made my reservations through Hotels. com and was not really sure what to expect from my cabana(?) Anyway, the best way I can describe them is that they are similar to the cabins that are common in northern MN or the Wisconsin Dells. They are set in a jungle-like setting and have a little deck with chairs and a hammock.

Mine (#16) had cable TV and air conditioning and was in decent shape. The bathroom had a small shower with hot water, but it usually took about 10 minutes before the hot water would get to my shower. The Midas's pool was still under construction when I was there. It looks like it will be very nice when finished.

The only problem I had was at night it can be quite noisy. Even though it is located a short walk from San Ignacio, you can still hear the music from the bars, the roosters that like to crow at night for some reason, and the thousands of dogs that you see sleeping on the streets during the daytime, trying to save energy to bark all night. But then again, maybe I should have closed the windows and used the air conditioning instead of the fresh air. The Midas also has some more expensive and better equipped rooms if the cabanas ($85 USD/night) aren't your thing.
Cabana 16
View from deck
dedch dedch
Nice quite jungle resort May 23, 2010
The resort is a short 5 minute walk from the san ignacio town center. It is located in a quite forest lot and has several cabanas and wooden sheds, some featuring a TV and Air Conditioning. Others simply have a fan. The rooms are spaciouse, clean and very nicely done. The owners are very friendly and are always there for help or tips about trips to take around here.

There is free wireless at the main house or in the room, if it is close enough.

The Beds are very good and the bathrooms are very well done and clean.

All in all I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a quite place to stay outside of the hustle and bustle of the town.

Midas Resort San Ignacio Overview