Microtel Inn And Suites Baguio

Microtel Inn And Suites Baguio - The Mansion

Microtel Inn And Suites Baguio Reviews

Fayemin Fayemin
Baguio City...Once the Summer Capital of Philippines Oct 05, 2008
Baguio City was a second home to me during my childhood days. I had fond memories of strawberries, red roses, pine trees, colorful woven bags and sweaters, and horses.

When my colleagues and I had the opportunity to go there, there was excitement..wondering what Baguio is like.

I was happy to know that there is now an express bus going to Baguio City. We took the night trip via Victory Liner. It only took us four hours in going up the mountains of Baguio. Normally, it would take six to eight hours. To my surprise, the bus has a restroom. The trip was a bit comfortable sparing us from the kidney problem...from several stopovers as well...although it was quite scary on the way up seeing how fast we were along the zigzag roads.

It was dawn time when we arrived so looked for an inn to stay. By the time we were energized, we went around the city. We strolled in Burnham Park. This is known for its small paddled boats and bikes for rent. It's sad that the water in the man-made lake is not clean and clear anymore. Also, there were few flowers around..It seemed that the park is no longer maintained well.

We proceeded to Mines View Park by taking a jeepney and had fun taking pictures in the park. We rented the Igorot costumes...posed with a horse...then off to Good Shepherd and bought delicious goodies such as cashew brittle, peanut brittle, ube (yam) jam, and lengua de gato.

Few kilometers from Mines View Park are The Mansion and Wright Park which are next to each other. The Mansion used to be the summer house of the late President Ferdinand Marcos. At Wright Park, children enjoyed riding the horses. We had our strawberry ice cream while taking a rest. Note that Baguio is know for its strawberries. What a good smell though...eating ice cream near the horses.

After our tour, we headed off to the market hoping to get fresh strawberries or at least take strawberry shakes. Too bad, it was not in season.

When we came back to Manila, we had bags of fresh vegetables and delicacies. Who would not buy veggies there at low prices and make your own salad!
Burnham Park
Wright Park
Wright Park

Compare Baguio City Hotel Rates (1.6km away)

Microtel Inn And Suites Baguio Map