Miami Metrozoo

(305) 251-0400

Miami Metrozoo Reviews

thegreatbertino thegreat…
The only Zoo worthy of South Florida Mar 12, 2011
I have been fascinated by the Miami Metrozoo since moving to Florida as a child in the mid-90's. And it is the single most humid place that I have ever been- and I frequent the Everglades! You are guaranteed to sweat!

That, however, is the sole drawback. For $17, the zoo has superb African, Asian, and South American districts- The Australian section is fairly meager. It is HUGE: the size of an Orlando theme park at one third of the price. If you are tired, then the air-conditioned monorail will take you in style over the whole park.

The zoo is humane, with moats, not cages, and the animals are comfortably kept in the tropical air much like their homelands. It is stunning to enter to a flock of flamingos to the left and a pair of Bengal tigers to the right!

This was my first time at their new Amazon & Beyond South American exhibits, and I found them very inviting- especially the Harpy eagles and the Amazon Aquarium!

This zoo helps me keep alive the excitement of when I moved to Florida, because only here is the climate to allow all these animals to feel at home. For a zoo that is truly an all-day park at the size of Disneyland, I really believe that $17 is VERY worth it.
srpiatek srpiatek
Fabulous Mar 31, 2011
The Miami Metro Zoo! I was very impressed with the park and the amount of animals this zoo had. It is a nice family day of entertainment.

If you want to make it more affordable, eat a meal before you come, or after you leave. The cafeteria in the Zoo for guests is a little pricey.

It was alot of fun to feed the giraffe's too at feeding time which was 1-4p. It was $2.00 for some romaine lettuce and greens to feed them. The kids have plenty to do as well, there were water sprinklers and a playground for them to waste energy.

The park is huge, you can definitely make it a whole-day event!
it's a koala bear, if its hard to …
thegreatbertino says:
It is 12400 Southwest 152nd Street, Miami, FL if anyone is looking.
Posted on: Apr 01, 2011
thegreatbertino says:
No worries! I hope I didn't sound mean!
=})
Posted on: Apr 01, 2011
srpiatek says:
Ok, I apologize, I thought it was in a downtown area. Did not intentionally misdirect, but thank you for pointing out the correct location:)
Posted on: Mar 31, 2011
tcoll005 tcoll005
Amazing Experience Mar 20, 2011
The price is actually great for a Zoo that size. It's pretty much the size of Disney World for less money. There's a large variety of animals to see, so you, or your children will never be bored. You can see shows and see all sorts exhibits. You can feed the giraffes for $2 and can enjoy a free ride from the metrorail located within the zoo closer to closing time. I recommend eating before going into the zoo because the food in there is not worth the price. Overall, it is a great experience for the price and I recommend people to go at least once in their lives. It's a fun place you wouldn't want to miss out on. Also, the educational experience doesn't hurt!

Related Travel Blogs About Miami Metrozoo

Miami Vice
After a somewhat difficult journey involving lots of local buses, we found ourselves in Miami South Beach. I hadn't realised that South Beach was actually an island connected to downtown Miami and re…Miami Metrozoo which turned out to be quite far away! Further inland, the wind was not strong at all and the 3 miles…
Miami Travel Experiences Was Superb
Miami city is located in the Florida State, USA. It’s a hottest travel spot in the world because here located huge recreational point, adventure places, beaches, best budget rates travel stayed, …Miami MetroZoo-it’s the largest and oldest zoological Garden to Miami as well as Florida State. We watched…

Check Miami Hotel Deals