TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 697,632 travelers just like you!

Mezmerized
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I

Hometown: London, England, UK
Location: London, England, UK
Website: www.karenspink.com
Join Date: July 12, 2009
Contributions: Mezmerized has written about 108 places, shared 4,754 photos, left 1,395 comments, and smiled 1,853 times.
Travel Plans
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English and Spanglish
Interests
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
- Waking up mid-air above my cabin bunk whilst crossing the infamous Drake passage, sailing towards the mystical white continent of Antarctica on the roughest seas in the world!

- Living with rebel monks in a monastery in the bamboo forests of Burma! My bed, a mattress on the floor underneath the Buddha shrine; my alarm clock, synchronised chanting by 50 or so novice monks, goes off reliably at 5am..

- Clinging onto my skirt to preserve dignity while trying not to fall off the back of the motorbike as we fly through the favelas of Rio de Janeiro!!
Profile
I left everything behind to follow my dreams and this was the best decision that I ever made! A lucky escape from a major car accident finally swayed the 'should I stay or should I go?' dilemma; this was meant to be. Leaving England for a solo adventure around the world, starting with just a one way ticket to Malaysia, I didn't stop until I had travelled to all seven continents. (www.karenspink.com)

I have met amazing TBers from all over the world and TravBuddy has provided much inspiration for my travels. Been back a year and still struggling with wanderlust...yikes!!! Show me the adventure....!!
Debarchan27 says:
Time to revisit the site Karen
Posted on: Oct 12, 2017

Various travel within Europe
Overview 0 words 107 50 156
Canterbury, England
Jul 25, 2009 – Jul 19, 2012
Some shots from where I live in Canterbury and around Kent. I will try and take some more and post them in the spirit of promot…
Overview 77 words 117 38 97

Mezmerized's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Koh Lipe, Thailand
Definitely not one for me. Koh Lipe is an expensive place, by Thai standards, for accomodation s…
Cheap "Hostels" in Pantai Cenang, Malaysia
Its just the whole vibe of the place really. Quiet bungalows in the countryside but still only 5…
Cheap "Hostels" in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Felt instantly at home and happy when I entered this place. Firstly a warning: This place is rea…