Mets Baseball Game

New York, New York

Mets Baseball Game New York Reviews

phred86 phred86
Jun 19, 2007
We went to one of the mets baseball games against the Minnesota Twins and if you have the opportunity it is definitely an experience. Personally, I was somewhat dubious about going. Since baseball is not exactly an English sport, although I had no idea about how the game was played and thought that it was maybe like rounders, by the end of the 2nd inning I had got the hang of it. We had pretty good seats and had a clear view of everything that was going on.

It is definitely an experience. Compared to at home, there was so many different things to look at. Even thoguh it wasn't a very good game, I was still entertained. There are different "events" between the innings and one that definitely was different was the whole shooting t-shirts into the crowd. Plus, seeing vendors coming up and down throughout the game is something that I had never experienced before and seemed somewhat bizarre at first, but gives it a different sort of atmosphere. Everyone was really friendly and it was a good night out.

Plus, going on the Subway to get to Shea Stadium is really easy. Just sit on the Subway and when you see a large construction with the large words of Shea Stadium on the side, you know that you are there. The Willets Point station is great because it is right on top of the stadium, making it so simple to get there.

Even if you're not a Baseball expert, its easy to follow and great fun. Even though I was dubious about going to see the game, I actually found that I enjoyed myself.

Related Travel Blogs About Mets Baseball Game

In the Cheap Seats
One of the first evenings, we were all given tickets to the Washington Nationals game against the New York Mets.  I really could care less about baseball, but wanted to go because I'd never been…New York Mets.  I really could care less about baseball, but wanted to go because I'd never been to a baseball game
Tidewater Tides Game
The Pawtucket Red Sox were in town and I always try to get down to Harbor Park in Norfolk, VA to see a game when they are in town. My friend, John was recently married and I had not met his new wife …met his new wife yet. So, I suggested we take in a game to see the PawSox vs. Norfolk Tides in AAA baseball. While not a major league venue…

Check New York Hotel Deals