Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver

Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver Rates and Deals

Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver Reviews

MichaelKnight MichaelK…
Great service, decent price Dec 29, 2010
I was recently in Vancouver in November and December and stayed at the Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver for one night in November and 2 nights in December (I had flown from Toronto to Vancouver and then to New Zealand, in case you're wondering).

I had heard about it since I subscribe to Travelzoo, which gives you discounts on various travel destinations from Canada (maybe US too). Anyway, the price was right (CDN$135/night) and the location seemed pretty central.

I think the best things about this hotel are both the location and the service. It is about a 3 minute walk from Vancouver City Centre station, which is the station right next to a big mall in the downtown core. You are close to the mall, Burrard St, which is where all the shopping is, and tons of places to eat (or "heaps", like my Aussie, Kiwi and Brit friends say).

The service was amazing also. I'll tell you what happened my first night there. I walk in and the room temperature was super hot. I tried to turn it down and I could not fix it. So I was going out that day and mentioned to the concierge if they could fix the heat. When I came back, they had left a note in the room apologizing for the inconvenience and for me to go down to concierge. They ended up upgrading my room and they brought these delicious little brownie things (6 of them for me, which I shared with my friend - well, I only shared 2). I walk in to see a separate living room with a nice big flatscreen TV and then my room with doors that open to a nice king bed (which was also the size bed in my last room) and a pretty nice bathroom with separate tub and shower, which was also the same as my first room. They also let me checkout late since my flight was later in the evening (i.e. 2pm).

Additionally, they let me leave my own luggage bag there while I went backpacking in NZ. I dont know if this is the norm for hotel service since I usually stay in hostels, but I thought it was pretty amazing and they were super helpful.

The reason I gave amenties only 3 circles, or whatever those things are, is because I didnt use any and didnt know what they had so I didnt want to go too far either way. But I'm sure they have some nice stuff. The elevators seem a bit old, just like the building (from the outside) but the rooms are super nice, IMHO.

Anyway, would definately recommend :)
iwade2much iwade2mu…
Great stay good price Dec 15, 2008
I booked the Metropolitan last minute using an online booking website. I saved up to 70 percent on the price and I wasn't sure what to expect. The hotel exceeded my expectations.

The room was comfortable, bathroom was large and had all the amenities one would want. The bed was one of the most comfortable bed I have ever experienced in a hotel.

The location is great. It is close to the shopping and the business district.

The staff were very friendly and the service exceptional. I was even happier to get to stay in the hotel for a fraction of the normal price. I would return anytime.

bed shot

Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver Overview

This hotel in Vancouver is located on the corner of Howe and Georgia in the downtown district. Within 10 minutes of the Metropolitan Vancouver, guests will find the Robson Street boutiques, the sea walk and cruise terminal, as well as a plethora of nightlife and dining options to explore. The Metropolitan in Vancouver is 2 km from the train station and 20 km from the international airport.

There are 197 rooms at the Hotel Metropolitan Vancouver. Rooms have cable TV, natural down bedding, Italian linens, and broadband Internet. Bathrooms have hair dryers, marble tiling, and special soaker tubs and showers.

The Metropolitan Hotel in Vancouver is a modern upscale property. The 7 conference rooms can accommodate up to 250 guests with full technical and catering support. The restaurants on site are known for the high quality of their food as well as their large wine cellars. The hotel also offers a fitness zone with gym, heated indoor swimming pool, and sauna. Parking with in and out privileges is provided to guests for a fee.

Metropolitan Hotel Amenities

• Jacuzzi
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Solarium
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes