Metropolitan Grill

820 2nd Avenue, Seattle, WA, USA

Metropolitan Grill Seattle Reviews

jonpierre jonpierre
Terrible Service and the Manager Does not Care. Nov 04, 2009
It started with the Valet who when I arrived I specifically said please don't roll down the windows I just had them tinted. Well as we stood checking on our reservations,Bobby my assistant manager pointed out the window to my car with the windows down and POURING RAIN. I ran outside, my car running and no one around?? The valet showed up and said well sir, we must roll it down so we don't lock the keys in the car!?!? Why is my car running?? Why is no one near it?? He had to get another car leaving mine alone.

Then the waitress argued with me in front of the Milgard Reps about how Green Onions and Chives are the same thing!!! I insisted they were not, finally getting a response that they do have chives, she put green onions on my sour cream on the potato. !?!?!?!

Now my favorite.... I love Rib Eye Steak. I love mine rare. Rare. Rare. That is how I like it. So when I ordered it, and she recommended that it be cooked a bit more for the marbling to melt, I did understand, but asked several times for rare, this kept going on. She would not seem to take no for an answer. Finally she said fine..Rare it is. Well, I got my rib eye WELL DONE??????!!!!! The four of us were blown away. Had this not been an important meeting for both parties, I would have sent it back and demanded to see the manager. Instead I settled on biting my tongue and sending him an email at a later time.

Our total bill for the 4 of us, with tip and only 1 bottle of wine came to $600. - We paid it, and then I immediately wrote an email to the manager that night which was not answered.

A week went by and I wrote another and another.

3 emails, no response. They obviously do well enough that they know what is best for my taste buds, and have no concerns about local patrons.

I will never return to the MET, I always speak bad of them and tell this story to everyone.. tourists and locals and other restaurants.

I am FULLY DISAPPOINTED with the lack of knowledge and care and response of the management and staff of the MET in Seattle WA.
jwilsonwsu jwilsonw…
Jun 21, 2007
The Met as it is referred to people around Seattle is one the best steak restaurants if not in Seattle, the USA. Many famous people have come to this restaurant and the lobby is decorated with pictures of them inside the restaurant. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is that of any other steak restaurant. The food is delivered in a timely matter. Then again I wouldn't want my food rushed for the price I am paying. I have had the New York Peppercorn and the Filet Mignon and both are exceptional and very juice and full of flavor. There are no any fatty deposits left on it either making it all edible. The bigger size steak is enough for one person, as it is rather large and plump. The baked potato is baked just right and the mashed potatoes are flavored just right. This is one of my all time favorite steak restaurants. If you are looking for a great steak in Seattle look no further than The Met.
jeffmin jeffmin
Nov 23, 2005
The Metropolitan Grill bills itself as "the best steak in town," and it will not disappoint.Steaks come in two sizes: petite and 'Metropolitan'. A grown man will have trouble making it all the way through a Metropolitan cut steak, and that still leaves the gargantuan baked potato to contend with. Unlike at most other places that charge forty bucks a plate, you will not leave hungry!The steak is delicious beyond description. The outer crust is seared to caramelized perfection, yet the inside is juicy and tender. Please don't ask for the A1.The menu might leave you with sticker shock, but after the first bite of that perfect steak you'll know it was all worth it. You only live once!
fredleal says:
i wish i had the money to travel all around the world just to find out where can one have the best steak of his life.
Posted on: Feb 24, 2007
Eric says:
I went here after my MS interviews courtesy of billg. I didn't think the steak was all that great, but maybe it's because I ordered the cheapest one (which was still $30 ). Sounds like i'll have to give it another shot!
Posted on: Nov 23, 2005