Metropole Hotel Brussels

Metropole Hotel Brussels Rates and Deals

Metropole Hotel Brussels Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice hotel in the city center May 06, 2012
I have been to hotel Metropole a number of times and most of them have been visits to their great outdoor bar, where you can watch the world pass by while you enjoy a wonderful Belgian beer. I used to work less than 100 meters from the hotel and at one point I even had an office with view towards the hotel and it was therefore quite normal to visit the hotel that majestically stands out as a masterpiece of Place Brouckere.

The indoor bar is quite nice too and the serve a great number of drinks and provides really nice service and due to the décor in the hotel it is absolutely worth a visit, even if you are not staying there, just walk in and take a peak, as it is awesome.

I was back in Brussels in order to have a meeting with my old colleagues and I therefore booked myself into Hotel Metropole because if very close to my old work. I had used the hotel for conferences as well and I had always liked the hotel for its grandeur and splendid decorations in every corner of its entrance and ground floor lounges.

I had 4 hours earlier landed in Paris from Guadeloupe and I therefore arrived by car from Paris. I was quite tired and I really hoped for all the easy solutions on my way to bed, but unfortunately there was no parking spot just outside the hotel; I knew that they have free parking for a limited number of cars but it was a no go. I therefore had to park in a public parking that is situated across the square and a bit down the street.

I entered the hotel and they luckily found my booking quite fast and I was given a room on the forth floor. The rooms are kept in the same style as the ground floor and as they are far from modern. I have always enjoyed these old classic hotel there might have seen their best years but they still have some rustic class to them. My room had soft beige toned stripy wallpaper and a huge old bed in the middle of the room. The bed was nice and soft I could wait to crawl into it. There was a yellow bedcover in an old design and old fashion bed lamps on the wall.

There was a painting on the wall and a large chandelier hanging down from the ceiling. There was flat screen and a desk as well. The bathroom was really nice and had been modernized quite recently. It was large and bright.

I had booked two nights there and I was quite happy with the room. There were some of my colleagues arriving the following day and I really enjoyed the fact that I was alone the first day and that I could spend the time after my much needed sleep just as I liked.
The outdoor area at night
The entrance
The hotel from the corner of the s…
The entrance
HelenP says:
Christian to tell truth I prefer youth hostels.. I like talking to people and all countries, ages and classes can all be found in a descent hostel.. even (shh.. dont't tell) an en-suite :)
Posted on: Aug 24, 2012
Chokk says:
I have done that part - but it was a long time ago. This hotel is actually not that expensive if you choose it in the weekend. Brussels is quite cheat in weekends as there are loads of commuters.
Posted on: Aug 23, 2012
HelenP says:
Christian, don't think there is much chance of us being booked into the same accommodation!

I would be in the backpacker hostel down the road and round the metaphorical corner :)

Posted on: Aug 23, 2012
Vlindeke Vlindeke
Classic five star hotel in Brussels Apr 10, 2011
We booked Hotel Metropole through ‘’ and paid about 90 euros for a five star hotel in the city centre of Brussels. Just a five minutes walk to the ‘Grand Place’.

Hotel Metropole is a known hotel in the city. The brasserie, the hotel bar and the terrace are a meeting point for local and international crowd.

We had drinks at the terrace and in the hotel bar. Posh prices, but posh surrounding and atmosphere too. An aperitif, called ‘Italiano’, is typical for some up class bars in Brussels.

Let’s say it’s about the experience!

The staff at the reception was very friendly. Going up to the fifth (top) floor with the antique elevator is an adventure on its own.

The interior of the reception, lounge, bar is beautiful!

We were staying in room 514. A somewhat dated room, but with a great atmosphere and a nice view.

Good beds, nice and clean bathroom. Bathroom provided with a hairdryer.

Room with climate control, a deposit safe, television, and a complimentary mini bar (containing water, beer and cola, two bottles each). A (re)fill (with any drinks of your choice) of the mini bar is charged.

We didn’t have breakfast included and went out for it.
Hotel Metropole
The elevator
Room 514
Room 514
Chokk says:
Great hotel - I have been there a number of times
Posted on: Jul 05, 2012
sweettangerine says:
Zijn jullie niet even in de ontbijtruimte gaan kijken? Het is een prachtige zaal!
Posted on: Apr 10, 2011
Devika1985 Devika19…
Hotel Metropole, Brussels Aug 08, 2011
I stayed at the Metropole hotel in the summer of 2010. I wanted a place that was very luxurious for a romantic trip. The Metropole hotel has some very nice details, like the old elevator which gives the places a very special touch. The staff is excellent, very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is beautiful. Very big, spacious and you can feel the old grandeur of the place. The room was very pretty and spacious with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was clean, but very old. That was the thing I didnt like about the place, it really was in need of renovations. I recommend this place because of the nice touches here and there, the great staff and the lovely location, but you can really feel that this place was just excellent in the past and it needs a facelift here and there. Other than that my stay there was great.The breakfast was also very nice, I had some lovely smoked salmon with cream cheese on toast.

Metropole Hotel Brussels Overview

Located in the heart of Brussels, the Metropole Brussels places guests within walking distance of Grand Place, the Royal Theatre de la Monnaie, Bourse, and many other points of interest. Public transit systems are also available to escort guests around the city. Amenities onsite at this Brussels accommodation include a cozy bar, meeting rooms, a fitness center, a restaurant, and much more. The Hotel Metropole Brussels is located only 12 kilometers from the Brussels International Airport and is in close proximity to the Eurostar station as well. The city bus, metro, and train provide public transportation services and can all escort passengers to these two locations quickly.

The 298 elegant rooms in the Metropol Brussels include many amenities such as air conditioning, Internet access, hairdryers, televisions, and telephones.

The Metropole Hotel Brussels Belgium is located in the city center, providing guests easy access to many dining options as well as a large variety of shops.

Metropole Hotel Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Solarium
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes