Metropol Hotel Warsaw

Metropol Hotel Warsaw Rates and Deals

Metropol Hotel Warsaw Reviews

Johnpro Johnpro
Great Location ! Jun 09, 2013
A classical huge old building from the communist years to became hotel :)

But inside was modern and the rooms had a simply modern style !

The hotel was in a great location for my transportation , just couple of meters from the bus station to get at the airport and couple of meters away from the main train station ! The old city is quiet far , let's say around two kilometers but you can walk and see some other city highlights , also the ground is flat and the walk is easier :)

The staff was good and friendly .

I had a room to the 6th floor , many traffic down to the streets but they had really great isolation and was quiet ! The room big enough with new simply furnitures. The TV old but never used it :)

The bed and the mattress was really great .

The room very clean without smells !!!

Also a small balcony give me the opportunity to watch the city from a higher point , but the most important was the huge poster of Rod Steward opposite to my room , he looks like to have more energy after so many years :) something like Scorpions :) they retired but the concerts are concerts :)

I don't had any breakfast because they ask me to pay 12 extra euro ! Quiet expensive for the Polish standards !!! So don't try :)

The point of view was good and just 800 - 1000 meters away from the begging of the old city !

I recommended this hotel because is very clean and very close to the city center , also a fair value price :)
lilmagil lilmagil
Good location, basic comfort Oct 14, 2012
Metropol is in a great location if you're willing to use public transportation for your sightseeing. A metro stop and major tram intersection are right at the front door! The downside is that traffic noise is substantial, even on the 8th floor, with the window closed. (There seemed to be more noise than usual from the hallway and neighboring rooms, too, but that could be due to guests and not the quality of the walls!)

Metropol Hotel is just one tram stop from the central Warsaw train station, and two stops from the south end of Nowy Swiat, a friendly street where you and shop and eat your way north to the Old Town and palace area. In the opposite direction, these trams will take you directly to the Warsaw Uprising museum.

The staff at Metropol were friendly and helpful. I used the lobby computer terminal to print a ticket and wasn't charged since it was just two minutes and a single page. Note that the 'business center' advertised on the website seems to be a internet station and printer in the lobby -- there may be a separate room I didn't see, but the public area was very convenient but not quiet if you need to concentrate.

Many reviewers mention the breakfast being excellent, but I'd rate it as 'good'. They do have a very wide selection, but the quality is average and unless eating at your own hotel is a significant convenience, I suggest finding a more charming establishment and a better price. I did have dinner in the hotel restaurant, and it was reasonably priced (compared to other hotel meals) and the menu was varied and interesting.

At the metro station you can buy your transit tickets or pass which are valid on buses, trams, and metro. On the diagonal corner from the hotel is a shopping center (you'll see H&M on the corner) which has a hard-to-see Carrefour supermarket in the basement level.

The room itself at Metropol met a basic standard of comfort. Our room (for two people) was rather small, but maneuverable. The bedcover was very narrow, barely covering the mattress when flat on the bed. So the two of us wrestled for the covers during the night -- not enjoyable, particularly if you're sharing a bed with someone other than your romantic partner! I did not bother contacting the staff for a second blanket or cover, but I think it could have been easily resolved.
fhan fhan
Very Central and great access to public transport Feb 20, 2011
This hotel is nothing special but we went to see the city not the hotel. The room's were very basic, but clean. The bed was fine and the bathroom was also clean. The staff tryed as much as they could, to help us with information on sight seeing but the lack of english made it hard work. The metro and trams were right outside the hotel, it was only 15min from the airport. You get what you pay for and this was cheap and central. I would use it again.
Airportman Airportm…
Cheap and very good hotel in the center of Warsaw Sep 17, 2010
I spend four nights at the Metropol Hotel. I choose this hotel, as I had read good reviews about it online and the location was in the center of Warsaw.

As mentioned, the hotel has an ideal location. It's located in the city center, with all the main attractions within walking distance. A walk to the Old Town for instance took me about 30 minutes. In the direct area of the hotel, there are lots of shops and restaurants, as well as tramstops, bus stops, subwaystation and about 10 minutes by foot the Warsaw Central Trainstation.

The hotel is in a communist building style, but the hotel lobby is pretty modern. However the interior of the hallway to the rooms (I was on the 7th floor) and the interior of the room, seemed to be have done in the 70's and only refreshed every now and then.

However, everything was really clean. The room I stayed in was a double room with a double bed, a desk and a spacious bathroom. There was also a french balcony. The location of my room was at the front of the hotel, overlooking the busy intersection.

The bed was pretty soft, so for people with back problems, it could not be ideal. My four nights were okay, but I had to get used to the softness of the bed, so my first night was pretty short and not that good.

The bathroom, which had a washing sink, a shower & bath and a toilet was as mentioned spacious. I didn't tried the bath, as the size of the tub seemed a bit too small for my comfort. But the shower was great. Quick hot water and easy adjusting shower head, which I have not always found at other hotels.

The hotel also has a restaurant called Metro Jazz Bar & Bistro. I did not dine there, but only had my breakfast there.

Breakfast was very good. There was a good choice of warm food, bread, croissants, breadrolls, fruits & vegetables and drinks. The atmosphere of the bar was relaxed, with soft jazz music in the background.

The hotel staff was helpful and very friendly.

There is one downside about the hotel. It's located at one of the busiest, if not the busiest, intersection of the city. Trams, busses, and lots cars come by, from early in the morning till late in the evening/night.

It didn't caused me to loose any sleep over it, but it can be noisy when a person leaves the door open. Also during the time I was in the room, I kept the door open for some cooling. The room has no airconditioning, so it could get pretty warm on hot days. The sunb was directly on the windows, so I kept the shades closed.

Despite the soft bed and the noise from the busy intersection, I really enjoyed my stay here at the Metropol Hotel and I would certainly book it again for another stay.
The Metropol Hotel
The room
The double bed
Desk
Airportman says:
You're welcome!
Posted on: May 15, 2011
novabelgica says:
I stayed here too on my first trip to Warsaw a few years ago. The breakfast was great.
Posted on: Nov 21, 2010

• Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Disabled Parking
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower