Metra Train

Chicago, Illinois

Metra Train Chicago Reviews

Nair2011 Nair2011
Metra Train Aug 14, 2011
When I reached PACE busstop on sunday to go to OHare airport in turn to downtown Chicago, I have realized that PACE buses will not run on Sundays. I have two options to reach downtown. First.. Take a taxi to OHare and Blueline train from there.. or Take a Metra train from Bellwood.

I have decided to take the Metra train instead spending money on taxi. Walked 20 mins to reach the Bellwood station and waited for the West Metra train to Chicago. Once train came got in and bought the ticket from the Conductor. If there is a ticket window in the station, we have to buy tickets in the window other wise conductor charges 3USD as penalty.

This train is a double decker one, with less stops. Metra issues weekend pass (only for sat and sun of the week issued) for 7USD. Waiting room in chicago station has CTA card vending machine and pocket size time tables of Metra trains.

Chicago station for west, northwest trains is located at Madison and Clinton avanue. Attaching pics of the station, indicators, lanes and train for better visual understanding.
Display before entering the station
Chicago Station
Lanes to enter into the plat form
Platform

Related Travel Blogs About Metra Train

Almost home
  I spent the night at my step-sister Carol's. Her husband, Dick, had met me at O'Hare and brought me to their house. I set an alarm for six o'clock but woke at four to lightening, thunder, and…Metra commuter train got me into Union Station in downtown Chicago in about twenty minutes. The tops of tall buildings…

Check Chicago Hotel Deals