Meson de las Flores

(336)792-4767 / +593-6-2916 009

Meson de las Flores Cotacachi Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Colonial architecture and great food at Meson de las Flores Jul 12, 2009
Meson de las Flores is actually a hotel, but I didn't stay there. Nevertheless, we went there for lunch and dinner. So this is the review of the very good restaurant.

Well, start with the location. They are located just across Cotacachi Cathedral, so it's easy to find them. Their colonial architecture makes this place very charming.

The dining area is at the courtyard, nice small tables and flowers make the atmosphere perfect. The whole decoration is very nice, in all the areas, even the bathrooms, haha. Also the service is very good. Our waiter was so helpful and kind and he even talked English. Maybe not 100% perfect, but did his best.

Ok, now the review about the food. First of all, they give you complimentary pop corn with aji (spicy dip).

Besides the menu, for lunch they offer a combination of soup, entrée and dessert. The soup was a yuca one, it was warm and creamy, very good. For entree I had shrimps and they were very yummy. And the dessert was the best! Loved the ice cream and how it was presented.

Food was so good, that we came back for breakfast next morning and I had the best granola ever...

Definitely I recommend this place if you are in Cotacachi. It might be a bit more expensive than the others, but worth it.
the name
nice inside
the courtyard / dining area
yadilitta says:
yes, my trip was a gastronomical tour too, hehe
Posted on: Aug 13, 2009
sarahsan says:
You sure have eaten in some nice places on your trip!
Posted on: Aug 13, 2009