Mesón Don Sancho

921 42 06 46

Mesón Don Sancho Segovia Reviews

Eric Eric
OK food and atmosphere, friendly service Sep 04, 2010
This restaurant is just a little bit off the main streets by the aqueduct, in a little side street/alley.

There is outdoor seating that overlooks another street down the hill, and the atmosphere was pleasant at night. There was a "Bingo" hall nearby, and a few locals stopped to eat here after presumably winning a lot of money ;)

Like Tirso mentions, roast suckling (baby) big is the specialty in Segovia, but I didn't order it either, because the thought of eating a baby pig didn't entirely appeal to me (oddly enough, most Segovians said they didn't like it much either). I ordered some pork chops with a strawberry sauce. It was decent, but tasted basically like pork chops with some strawberry yogurt on top. Not sure it was entirely worth the price.

My friend, Ryan, ordered one of the chicken specials, but it ended up basically being like chicken mc nuggets (for 13 euro).

Service was very friendly, location was quiet but good, but the food we ordered left us a bit unimpressed.
portia says:
It doesn't seem you would've like the baby pigs at this place! It's sad to eat the suckling pig, but ours were sure super tasty in both Segovia and Cordoba.
Posted on: Sep 11, 2010
Chokk says:
Baby pig - is quite good as long as you don't get the brain, I agree with Bernard
Posted on: Sep 08, 2010
fransglobal says:
I ate the baby pig in Segovia and I agree with our simian friend.
Posted on: Sep 08, 2010
tirsomaldonado tirsomal…
Sep 02, 2006
There are tons of restaurants around the city so it is quite difficult to choose from. I ended up in Mesón Don Sancho because it looked quite original. It is located very close from "El Acueducto de Segovia" and the service was superb. The chef, who ended up being the owner, was extremely nice and fun too. The typical dish in Segovia is "cochinillo" (young pork) but as I don´t eat much red meat, I had some fish. Everything was good and the place is one of those for romantic dinners, with candles and stuff.

Check Segovia Hotel Deals