Mes Amis

15 Ashley Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong

Mes Amis Kowloon Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice bar with great bartenders and ambiance Jan 21, 2012
After a huge sushi dinner in a neighboring restaurant I needed a beer before I headed back to the hotel. 15 meters from the restaurant there were two bars that also served food; both of them were expat or tourist bars with loud music.

I went for the second one named Mes Amis mainly due to the fact that their entrance was open towards the street. Inside the base light was red from the Chines red rice lamps.

The bar was pretty fun and the music was ear catching with RUN DMC, AC/DC and other classics. I ordered a Carlsberg and found a bar chair in the back of the room with a great view of the bar. There was a great ambiance and I decided on the spot that I would stay longer than only the one beer. I actually ended up having so much fun that I was there when the bar closed at 3 am.

Thinking about it I have no clue why it had a French name; the interior was Chinese with a European touch and the music was very British American.
One of the tenders
FoxyFauz says:
It's actually quite common in asia for some reason for chinese owned biz be it selling drinks or food or even clothes (all nothing to do with anything french or european) to name their shop in French or some exotic European name as form of gimmick! It's misleading though ;)
Posted on: Feb 03, 2012
FoxyFauz says:
Posted on: Feb 03, 2012

Compare Causeway Bay Hotel Rates (4km away)

Mes Amis Map