Merry Land Chinese Buffet

(718) 292-3411

Merry Land Chinese Buffet Bronx Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Great Chinese buffet in the heart of the South Bronx May 11, 2011
I guess this review is more for the South Bronx locals than for the traveler. The South Bronx isn't really tourist friendly unless you are walking around and visiting someone you know who lives there. Walking around in the day is one thing, not too bad, but not at night.

Anywho, I wanted to have lunch with my aunt and didn't want to have her cook, so she recommended Merry Land (which, by the way, when she said it, I thought she said Maryland). It was packed! There's a large buffet in the middle of the restaurant with some tables in the back and some in the front, but it was so crowded that we decided to take it to go. For t-go orders, you get to choose from 3 sizes. They have 3 different containers and you just fill it to the brim and pay that price. As long as they can squeeze the top on it, you are good to go. A small container is $3.50, a medium one is $5.50 and a large one is $6.50. Just think if you went to a regular Chinese store, you'd probably get the same amount or less food, probably pay more and then only get one thing to choose from.

You get a free can of soda and an apple or banana. Maybe the owners think we are potassium deficit, but it was nice that they give you fruit with your order as you can imagine how many people don't actually eat fruit on a regular basis. They have a large selection of food and dessert and I would go back when I'm home visiting my family and we want take-out.

Check Bronx Hotel Deals