Merrion Hall

Merrion Hall Rates and Deals

Merrion Hall Dublin Reviews

Chokk Chokk
I wish they had been finished with the outdoor area Jun 10, 2011
I had actually not looked at where this hotel was situated when I booked it and it was a bit out of the city center of Dublin; to be precise it was 12 euro in a taxi. When I drove into Dublin my GPS had some trouble finding the road and it didn’t get better when it screwed up the numbers as well when I finally found the right street.

After that little hick up I had to admit that from outside the hotel did not look too inviting. The whole front of the hotel was covered in wooden boards due to reconstruction of the front. I found a small door on the side and rang the bell. A beautiful woman in her early twenties open the door and I had a quick flash back to when I entered Hotel #16 in Partizánska in Bratislava, where I thought I almost stepped in to a brothel. The woman turned out to be Hungarian; I was so impolite to ask.

She took me to the far end of the hall where the hotel had its reception. The place was completely different on the inside: it was all keep in Edwardian Boutique style and there were many doors all over the house and the all had glass windows. I passed two dinner rooms on one side and on the other side of the long hall there was huge dining room that was ½ a floor lower than the hall itself.

The reception was small and the girl was in all black I think that it was this fact that reminded me of #16 together with the fact that the girl was very beautiful. She gave me a sheet that I had to fill in and said that I was staying in 116. She followed me up to the room and showed me around the room. At the same time she explained loads of thing of which I remembered nothing beside the fact that she had brown eyes.

The room was on the second floor even though it was room number 116. It was a corner room and as I entered I could see that it was keep in the same style as the rooms downstairs. There was a nice kin-size bed and it was really nice to sleep in as well. Apparently the linen was Irish! There were no minibar in the room but otherwise it was great. There was a nice light in the room form the two windows and there were no neighbours to look in as well.

There were loads of AC plug-ins all over the room and there were two empty wooden closets to place your clothes in. The bathroom was really nice and classic. The towels were really nice and classes better that others I have experienced on my trips. Everything was nice and proper. There was a TV on the room which I never used; next to it there was a set of glasses and a bottle of still water; very neat and nice.
The bed which was great
The room
The room
The bathroom
Chokk says:
Ha-ha Jamal - I have checked - I must have been shy!
Posted on: Jul 03, 2011
Jamal1280 says:
Nice review! Too bad you didn't get a photo of the woman ;) lol
Posted on: Jul 03, 2011

Merrion Hall Overview

This city hotel is exclusively located directly beside the sea and a few minutes from the town centre. The Royal Dublin Society congress centre (RDS) lies opposite the hotel. The Four Seasons Hotel, the US and British embassies, Lansdowne Road, the airport, the ferry ports, restaurants, shopping venues, bars, a guest car park and the Dart Link tram service are located in the hotel's immediate vicinity. A luxuriously fitted minibus departs for Dublin Airport every 15 minutes.
Constructed in the year 1890 and renovated in 2005, this air-conditioned hotel has a total of 34 rooms of which 8 are suites spread over 3 floors. The award-winning hotel has been selected by Bridgestone as one of the top 100 beautiful premises in Ireland. Amongst the hotel's facilities count a foyer with 24-hour reception, a cloakroom, a lift, a currency exchange counter and a safe for guests' valuables. The dining room offers an excellent selection of local and international cuisine as well as a view of the charming gardens and inner courtyard. Guests are also able to relax in the salon with a good book from the fine literary collection whilst sipping on an afternoon tea or glass of wine. In addition, it is possible to sip on a cocktail in the peaceful winter garden or the enchanting terrace. In addition to a modern conference room, a sitting room and wireless Internet access. Room and laundry services are also available. A secure car park is available.
The large and classic luxury rooms come with a spa bath/shower/WC with a hairdryer, a direct dial telephone, satellite/ cable TV, an Internet connection, carpeting, a king-size bed and a hire safe. The air conditioning is individually regulated and the heating is centrally controlled. Some rooms also include a four-poster bed. Guests staying in suites may also be served breakfast in bed at an additional fee. The suites are situated amidst the luxurious garden and Irish linen and a Jacuzzi.
The nearest golf course is just a few minutes walk from the hotel.
Lunch and evening meals can be chosen from a set menu.
American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard and VISA are all accepted as methods of payment.

Merrion Hall Amenities

• Ticket Service
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes