Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi

Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi Rates and Deals

Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi Reviews

veiss veiss
Beautiful resort!! Dec 22, 2015
The resort here is very big, with nice swimming pools for adult and children, and there is a pool bar at the other side too.

5 mins walk to private beach, we can enjoy our lunch and dinner here with beach view.

The check in and the transport to room is very slow. Wi-fi password not accurate.. need to keep asking for new generated user and password

My room was garden view and its at 27. So every time when we need to go out or get back to our room we need a transport else we have to walk around 10 mins to get to lobby or get back to our room.

They got very large bed, room, toilet and balcony as well. but they got no bathtub in my room, not sure with other rooms.

Overall is a good resort, good location, just 20 mins walk to restaurant or shops.
airinie airinie
Worth coming back for Sep 09, 2014
I just put it straight first -- I don't really go for the 5-Star hotel in Langkawi (or anywhere much for that matter) as it goes takes up moo-lah (I better use it for shopping or food). So having the opportunity to spend a night at Meritus Pelangi was extra exciting.

At first arrival in June 2014 -- the setting / ambiance gave the mood throughout the experience in Meritus. It was a relaxing, easy going & chilling affair. I;m used to queuing at the counter for check - in, but here, I am given a comfortable seat, drink and the "reception" comes to me.

The Lakefront room was breathtaking. I saw on youtube reviews showed rooms looked old & made me worried -- but the receptionist and sales exec of the hotel told me at they have refurbished all the rooms completely which took a couple (or more) months / years to it. I'm glad that i came at the right time with a brand new refurbished room. Lovely shower & bath -- love looking at the fish at the lake. i just didn't want to leave the room.

The vicinity is huge. You practically don't have to out of the hotel area at all -- everything's there. However -- from the reception to room is a walking distance. If you are "in a hurry type" you can avoid these type of resorts. You may need to wait a bit longer for the buggy. Parking your car can also be a distance if it's full house.

Cons: I think it's just the breakfast at the Spice Market -- it was packed. Food wasn't flowing in as fast as possible. With the ambiance too packed -- I just couldn't enjoy a comfortable breakfast -- it was classified as "in a hurry".

Pros: i have to hand it to the staff in Meritus Pelangi - they are gracious, can handle small talks and quite proud to work in Meritus Pelangi. These people made my stay a little different than the rest (of little 5-star that I go too) and of one the most memorable.
gardkarlsen gardkarl…
Nov 06, 2007
When we were planning the trip to Langkawi we had trouble getting a grasp on where to stay on the island. In the end we decided to go for a hotel located on the beach know as Pantai Cenang. I guess Langkawi can be compared to the island of Phuket in Thailand but note that the price level of hotels seems to be higher on Langkawi compared to Phuket. After looking at reviews on TripAdvisor we ended up booking a room at the hotel Pelangi beach resort and we booked through their website (---) . We had to pay 533 Ringgit (about 145$) for the room per night and this did not include breakfast.

On March 25th we went from Perhentian Island to Langkawi. It was a long day as we had to get up early, catch the boat to the main land, drive to the airport at Kota Bharu, go to KL and from there take the flight to Langkawi. Both Malaysia Airlines and Asia Air have flight from KL to Langkawi so getting to the island is not a problem and the flight is only about 1 hour..

The hotel and room

The hotel Pelangi beach hotel complex is huge. When we got there the check in was fast and efficient and we were driven to our room in a little golf car as the hotel is spread out on a fairly big area. We got room 3601 which has a lake view. Our room was located in house 36 and it contained 4 rooms on 2 levels. When we got in we saw that we had taken a step up in quality of accommodation compared to Perhentian Island resort. First of all the room was huge, the floor was made out of dark wood and the walls were a combination of dark wood and light wall paper. The center of the room was a huge bed. I don't think that we have had such a huge bed in any room that we have ever stayed in :-) As usual there was a desk with a chair, we had a small sofa with a little table where you could watch a small TV. The TV had channels like BBC, ESPN, Discovery etc. A door we thought led into the bathroom was a door to a walk in wardrobe I guess. It contained lots of drawers, places to hang clothes, place to store the suitcase, a minibar and a water boiler, a small safe, robes etc. The room has air condition and the temperature was controlled by a remote :-)

From this room there was a door leading into the bathroom which was fairly small. But it was nice with tiles on the floors and walls and it contained a bath tub where you also had the option of taking a shower. As usual there were amenities like shower gel, shampoo, lotion, sewing kit etc. But I think it is the first time I have seen a shaving kit.

There was also a door leading out from the room to our little porch. Here we had a nice view of the pond and a couple of fountains and there was a table and a couple of chairs. With a pond like this you would think that there would be a mosquito problem. Well, it seemed like they solved this with chemical warfare…a little gold car drove around one evening and sprayed out a thick smoke…I can not imagine that it is very healthy for humans either.

As I mentioned to start with the hotel covers a huge area. There are maps on the paths around the hotel area so you don't have to worry about getting lost :-). There are two pools to choose from and we tried the cascade pool a couple of time. You get a complimentary towel near the pool and then you can just jump in. The cascade pool had a couple of water falls, a slide for kids etc. Both of the pool areas were very nice.

There are several restaurants on the hotel but I can only comment on the Horizon pool bar where we had a pizza on the first night. The pizza was OK and cost 16 RM and the half a bottle of red wine was 40 RM. We also had breakfast in the room one day. The breakfast itself was not great but the selection of fresh fruits that we ordered on the side was amazing :-)

Go to the hotel lobby to get more information about hotel activities. We rented a car through the hotel for a day for 160 RM. The hotel lobby can also arrange snorkel trips, mangrove trips, recommend restaurants etc. When it comes to activities it is probably cheaper to book elsewhere. We booked a snorkel trip from a local shop down the road and saved a bit of money. There is a fitness club at the hotel where you can play squash, rent a bike to get around etc. I was not very impressed by the condition of the minigolf course that they have on the property. It looks like it could do with a face lift.

Location

The location of the hotel is quite good. Located on the north end of the beach Pantai Cenang it is easy to get to all the restaurants that are located on the beach strip, access to places like Underwater world and tax-free shopping. There is a taxi stand right outside the hotel so if you don't feel like walking it is easy to get a taxi.

The beach

The Pelangi beach resort is a very nice hotel with a pretty good location. I think that there is only one problem…the beach itself is not very good. Yes, it looks pretty nice but very few people were swimming when we first came there. In the end I decided that I had to try the water to check out what the problem was. First of all it is very shallow so you can walk very far before the water gets beyond the knees. The second problem is that the sea bed is made up of lots of shell in addition to sand so it can be a bit uncomfortable to walk on it. So most of the people at the hotel seemed to prefer to relax at the pools instead.

Conclusion

The Pelangi beach resort is a nice hotel to relax for a few days. The hotel has lots to offer when it comes to activities and it is located close to the rest of the shops and restaurants at the Pantai Cenang beach. The main drawback in my opinion is the fact that the beach is not really good for swimming.

Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi Overview

Voted Best Resort of the Year, Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards 2007-2008 Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi, an idyllic heaven of old charms is located on one of the finest beaches in Langkawi; set in 30 acres of lush, tropical greenery. It is traditionally inspired and architecturally designed like a Malaysian village or 'kampung' that dates back hundred of years. The intricately carved wooden chalets are raised on stilts-truly reminiscent of days gone by. While some guests may want to take advantage of the tranquility to laze around and soak up the sun at the beach or pools, there will never be a dull moment in this activity-oriented vacation resort. Amidst these heavenly settings, there is a wide choice of Malay traditional cuisine, authentic Chinese, Western favourites and Thai dishes as well popular BBQ delights featuring fresh seafood by the beachfront. Events/meeting planners will find Meritus Pelangi an ideal venue, combining perfect business programmes such as out-of-town seminars, product launches, team building activities and others in a conducive environment attended by creative banquet team. The high ceiling and pillarless Grand Ballroom with its glass bay window offers world-class banqueting set-up, state-of-the-art meeting/conference facilities as well as out of this world themed parties experience. Equipped with top quality lighting facilities, sound system and the best audio-visual equipment available to complement your function and banquet needs. Its spacious open terrace overlooking tropical gardens and drive-in facilities is also great for outdoor functions and motor or large equipment exhibitions. There are also 12 smaller meeting rooms to cater for 10 150 people. The hotel provides facilities like Airport transfer, Dry cleaning, Baby sitting service, Games room, Room service-24 hrs, Ballroom, Gift shop, Safe deposit box, Banquet facilities, Bar, Gym / Fitness facilities, Barbecue area, Internet access-High-Speed, Spa Services (Massage, Facial, Steam Room, etc.), Internet access-Wireless, Beauty Salon/Hairdresser, Laundry service, Squash court, Swimming pool-outdoor, Business center, Lobby, Table tennis, Tennis court, Children's facilities, Non-smoking rooms, Tour desk, Concierge, Parking facilities-no cost, Pool Table, Conference facilities, Foosball, Currency exchange, Disabled facilities, Reception, Doctor on call, Restaurant.

Please note:
"Award-winning Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi, will soon unveil a series of exciting new enhancements at the resort facility.
Refurbishment is being carried out in phases across the 35-acre resort, to ensure that any inconvenience and disturbance to guests is kept to a minimum level. Once completed, guests can look forward to the ultimate rejuvenating experience amidst a refreshed, tropical setting, as Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort
& Spa establishes new hospitality benchmarks on the island of Langkawi! Targeted completion-late Feb 2012

Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa Amenities

• Dart Board
  • Fishing
  • Golf (miniature)
  • Playground
  • Tennis Courts (outdoor)
  • Lake
  • Jacuzzi
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Free Parking
  • Doctor on call

Related Travel Blogs About Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi

Welcome to Langkawi
I arrived Langkawi at 6.30pm. I was attending a Neuropsychiatric Seminar in Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa. The seminar was held for 3 days and 2 nights. Even though the schedule wa…Langkawi at 6.30pm. I was attending a Neuropsychiatric Seminar in Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa. The seminar…

Check Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa Rates and Deals