Meritage Bistro

490 Carolina Way, Highlands, NC, USA
Meritage Bistro - My scrumptious trout special!
Meritage Bistro - Meritage Bistro - an excellent choice in Highlands!
Meritage Bistro - Wine bar in interior dining room
Meritage Bistro - Arty interior at Meritage Bistro
Meritage Bistro - Interior dining room
Meritage Bistro - The sunny dining room I was seated in.
Meritage Bistro - Outdoor seating at Meritage Bistro.

Meritage Bistro Highlands Reviews

vances vances
Something (wonderfully) fishy! Nov 29, 2014
Probably overlooked as the restaurant is located toward the village outskirts, Meritage Bistro was a lovely find. The menu features a wonderful array of selections, the focus clearly on fish dishes. I can’t recall the one which caught my attention, but it was quickly released once the waitress described the day’s trout special in béarnaise sauce. I was hooked!

The restaurant consists of several smallish dining rooms indoors, one with a pleasant wine bar, and an outdoor seating area (which was attractive, but unused in chilly weather). One of the dining rooms is land locked (meaning no windows), but I was seated in the one lined with large windows overlooking the dining patio. A perfect setting on a sunny day and my meal was absolutely fantastic. Topping it off was exceptional service – sufficient attention without overdoing it.

Only oddity is that you need to walk outside to access the bathroom facilities. That should not be a problem too often (it is sheltered so no worries about rain), but possibly a bit rude in winter.
Meritage Bistro - an excellent cho…
My scrumptious trout special!
The sunny dining room I was seated…
Arty interior at Meritage Bistro
Vikram says:
LOL sounds like an old age India rsnt then (separate buildings for dining and bathroom). But overall, thanks for the review... looks like this was a good "catch" afterall!
Posted on: Dec 22, 2014