Meresuu Spa and Hotel

Meresuu Spa and Hotel Rates and Deals

Meresuu Spa and Hotel Narva-Joesuu Reviews

Chokk Chokk
I guess this is much better in the summer Sep 23, 2012
We had decided that we would spend the last night of our trip in the fast northeastern corner of Estonia somewhere near Narva. I had looked at Booking.com and most of the hotels in that region of Estonia the rating were quite low. After looking around I decided to book the Meresuu Spa & Hotel because it was a large hotel with a fair price and rating.

We arrived at the hotel close to 9 am and it was both raining and very dark. I was quite pleased that I had picked a large hotel that my GPS could find because it was mighty dark. The hotel was huge if I compared to everything else that I could see in the area. I parked the car in the free parking just outside the main entrance. I hurried in the rain into the hotel; in the reception a woman and a man were standing and they greeted me welcome, and luckily they both spoke quite good English. The managed to find my booking and gave me a room on the sixth floor.

The room was smaller than I had anticipated but it was still quite okay. There was a king size bed and a desk from where I could work. The problem was that I could not make the Wi-Fi or the cable work in my room, so the only place I could get wi-fi was in the lounge.

I was travelling with one of my friends and he had gotten a room next to me that was a bit larger. Because it was quite late we decided to eat in the restaurant in the hotel, so we decided to meet there only 10 min after we had gotten our rooms.

The restaurant was completely empty when we arrived and we decided to settle with their buffet and a couple of beers and vodkas. The meal was nothing special; it was like something you have at work. It was the same place that they served the breakfast the following morning and I was not impressed with that either.

We decided to visit their piano bar in the basement to have a drink and it was quite a plastic bar with all black furniture and laud music. Their mojito was quite nice but that was also all positive that you could say about the place but it was also outside their season.

I slept very well because it was dark and very quiet. The shower was really nice and I took a long warm shower because the autumn had really entered Estonia the day before and the thought of getting out in 10 degrees with rain and wind made me stand there a bit longer for every thought.

The price of the room was quite fair and I am sure that my expectations were too high because I had stayed at a magnificent hotel two days earlier.
The hotel in the morning
The hotel in the morning
My hotel room
My hotel room
HelenP says:
Told you they were worth seeing.. I especially remember the panoramic photo in Narva castle showing the devestation of the town after the german and the red arm had finished.. sobering.
Chokk says:
Lenin is still there - I wish I had know that the Russian side castle was so impressive and I might had done a visa. It will be next time ;) The Estonia castle was originally built by the Danes ;) - and naturally that had my focus !
HelenP says:
Christian.. how exciting. I am very much looking forward to seeing your photos. I recall the two castles either side of the river are very photogenic. Is lenin still standing?
Helen P

Meresuu Spa and Hotel Overview

Meresuu Spa & Hotel is a modern 4-star property offering comfortable accommodation on the Baltic coast. Highlights include a luxury spa, indoor swimming pool, an international restaurant and excellent location close to the beach.

Narva-Joesuu is a relaxing beach resort next to the Russian border on the northeast coast of Estonia, approximately 15km from the city of Narva. Nearby places of interest include the pretty town centre of Narva-Joesuu, a number of beautiful parks, lush pine forests and the white sand beach.

The hotel occupies a modern complex featuring a high-rise tower with a white facade. Facilities include a modern gym and spa comprising both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools, saunas, steam rooms, sun-beds and private treatment rooms.

Guest rooms showcase a modern decor with light tones and dark wood furniture. Amenities include air-conditioning, free wired internet, a work desk, mini-bar and flat-screen satellite TV. The en-suite bathrooms feature a bathtub or shower and bathrobes.

The hotel restaurant is an elegant venue offering Estonian cuisine and international dishes complemented by fine wines, and a breakfast buffet is provided every morning. The stylish piano bar features a billiards table and is ideal for a relaxing cocktail or light snack. There are also plenty of dining opportunities in the vicinity. Free parking is possible onsite. The hotel has a 24-hour reception and offers bike rental.

Meresuu Spa and Hotel Amenities