Mercure Hotel

Check Vientiane Hotel Deals

Mercure Hotel Vientiane Reviews

sherrybaby86 sherryba…
Good value, Good location... Feb 22, 2012
My friend and I stayed at the Mercure Hotel in Vientiane for only 1 night on our visa run. We had previously been to Vientiane and didn't really like the city, but chose to come here due to the closeness from Bangkok, and its a relatively cheap country.

Locals did not know the hotel by its name, they called it the Novatel - and yes, Mercure and Novatel are linked. It was close to the city centre, and very close (only a block away) from the Mekong River. It took us about 5-10 minutes to walk casually to the main area with restaurants, cafes and markets.

Upon arrival and check-in - they could not find our booking - I gave them the reservation number and name and they still had trouble (we had booked through It turned out they were searching my first name as my last and vice versa. Luckily they gave us a non-alcoholic drink whilst we were waiting. No one showed us to our room, and they failed to mention which floor it was on - We had to ask a cleaning lady which floor.

The room itself was nice. For 1600 baht a night, we had a big King bed, TV with satellite/cable, mini bar (no chocolates which was a shame), hairdryer, air con, and bathroom was big. All was very clean. Our view was over the hotel pool which was nice. The shower was a pain, we couldn't work out how to set it to a temperature and get it to stay there, so we either had a freezing cold shower, or a boiling hot one.

Breakfast was not included in our package, but we paid 80,000 kip each for the buffet which was delicious. We also ordered room service twice - for afternoon tea and dinner, and this was also very nice, and included a free glass of wine. It was delivered quick too.

The hotel's facilities are also very nice - the pool area is great, with lots of outdoor seating which is undercover, and reclining chairs for sun baking. They also have poolside service, so my friend and I ordered several Pina Coladas. You do have to speak slowly to the waiters - they had trouble understanding us. There is also a gym (which we didnt use), a big function room, and a gift shop (which was very expensive). When we left, they also had easy access to taxi's who were just around the corner, and for very reasonable prices too.

The only issue I had with the hotel was the wifi - on the agoda website it claims to be free and available throughout the hotel, but we couldn't get online at all, anywhere in the hotel. We found out afterwards you have to pay for the 'free' wifi.

Overall, it was worth the money, and in a convenient location for us.
room service @ mercure hotel
pool @ mercure hotel
pina colada by the pool @ mercure …
view from window @ mercure hotel
traceyirish traceyir…
Nov 08, 2011
Ok so its a bit expensive by Laos standards but totally worth it! My room was lovely, the breakfast was amazing and the pool was just right. This was where I stayed my first few nights in Laos, before I came to realise how

Check Vientiane Hotel Deals