Mercure Hotel Kota Kinabalu

Average rate: $43 - Hotel class: 4 stars
Jalan Sulaman Highway Tower A 00-01 Ground Floor 1Borneo Hypermall Kota Kinabalu Malaysia, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Check Kota Kinabalu Hotel Deals

Mercure Hotel Kota Kinabalu Reviews

Mnawin Mnawin
Mercure Hotel Kota Kinabalu Jun 26, 2011
I stayed Mercure Hotel Kota Kinabalu which is located near 1Borneo Shopping Paradise complex, the biggest shopping complex in Kota Kinabalu. The Mercure Kota Kinabalu lounge decor feature is modernize style (Hotel in Europe) and has comfortable seating area. The hotel staffs are friendly and getting room is very first.

Upon entering my room, a nice touch greeted me, spacious room in soothing modern colours, very comfortable beds, and great shower facilities, plenty of towels, and good lighting and access to outlets throughout the room. Hotel room provided Air conditioning, cable television, Mini bar, Hair dryer, safe deposit box, Iron/Ironing board, Alarm clock with AM/FM radio, WIFI internet access.

The hotel rooms are big enough and I like the bathtub which is surrounded by glasses and even you can see main road. So, you need to draw the curtains (blinds) before you use bathtub and if not people from main road can see you. Beside the bathtub, shower room and toilet bowl which partitioned by glass.

Hotel has rooftop meeting rooms and it is ideal for business travellers as well as fun seekers. I stayed this hotel form 3N4D to attend seminars which held at rooftop meeting.

Hotel has link to 1Borneo Shopping centre. So if you are shopper, you can spend half day in the shopping mall. Next to hotel has KTV and pub where you can have beer and beverage and you can have live music (someone signing on stage) local Chinese girls.

Thai Odyssey traditional message next to hotel, you can enter thru 1Borneo hyper mall (behind) or main entrance (Front). Anyone who liked to relax after long day of work can go there to enjoy traditional Thai message by certified therapists. I went there after my rafting trip which made my memorable experience (almost drowned).

If I go there again, I will definitely stay there again.
jaeWALK jaeWALK
Pleasant, Affordable and Convenient Mar 06, 2009
I think it has become a habit of me to hotel/hostel hop and this is by far the easier hotel-hop i made in recent memory... it's just 50 steps away from the hotel where I stayed at - Tune Hotel.

Mercure hotel is located in 1Borneo Hypermall. With that said, it makes one for convenience. Everything you need is just next door. The hotel has an impressive lobby with that hint of modern minimalism approach. The couches in the lobby are quite cute. Although I don't really find the area where they sell canned drinks and other goodies appealing. It's like a convenience store, all they need to do is put a 711 sign there. But other than that i'm quite impressed by it. That's why i did a walk-in booking in the first place.

The front desk was really nice and helpful. I was assisted by Keith all throughout. But the rest of them were just as pleasing. They offered to carry my bags to my room, but I refused. I don't know why. I just want to carry my own luggage I guess.

I got the Superior King on the 11th floor. The room was really nice and the view is good (albeit what you'll mostly see is an area of land underdevelopment... given a few yeas and the view will be better even).

There's TV inside the room that has english channels (StarWorld baby!)

There's a bathtub, but they don't have any bubble bath to go along with it. I went to look for one at Watson's and Giant Supermarket without any success. And due to a breakdown in communication, a Giant Supermarket staff directed me to the bath mat area. WOW!

Housekeeping also told me they don't have bubble bath. So I really don't know what's up with this side of the world not having any bubble bath!

Another downside of this hotel is that WIFI is only available on the 1st and 2nd floors (the lobby and the restaurant). It would have been nice to have it available in the comfort of one's room.

Lastly, 1Borneo is located far from the city center, in what seemed like the middle of nowhere. But fortunately 1Borneo has come up with a way for visitors to be connected with the rest of the city, and that is the Free shuttle service. The shuttles leave the drop off point at the South Atrium every hour (every 30 minutes for peak hours) and makes two stops: Likas Square and Warisan Square. From there, one can go to anywhere within the city area of beyond. The first bus leaves at 10AM, while the last bus leaves at 10PM. Beyond that you're pretty much on your own.

Also Mercure hotel has it's own shuttle service to and from the airport.
The lobby
Welcome to Mercure
Mercure Hotel @ 1Borneo @ Night
view from my room

Mercure Hotel Kota Kinabalu Overview

This Establishment Constitutes Part of the Hip 1borneo Shopping Paradise Complex and a Stay At the Hotel Ensures the Ultimate Hotel and Shopping Experience. Each of Its 338 Rooms and Suites Has Been Designed With an Emphasis On Locally Inspired Décor. Ideal For Both Business Travellers and Fun Seekers, This is the Only Hotel in the Area With Rooftop Meeting Rooms. Fully Air-Conditioned, the Hotel Welcomes Its Guests Into a Lobby With 24-Hour Reception Service, Hotel Safe and Currency Exchange Facilities. On-Site Facilities Include a Bar, a Restaurant, Conference Facilities, Wlan Internet Access and a Laundry Service. Guests Arriving by Car Can Leave Their Vehicles in the Nearby Car Park.

Mercure Hotel Amenities

• Wireless Internet access - surcharge
  • Meeting rooms (small groups)
  • Restaurant(s) in hotel