Mercado de Sabores Poblano
4ta Poniente between 11th and 13th, Puebla, Mexico
Mercado de Sabores Poblano Puebla Reviews
Comida poblana en Puebla Jul 22, 2012
If you really want to have a real Puebla's Food, you have to go to Mercado de Sabores Poblano. This is a refined version of a food market in Mexico, they only serves food, the place is clean and the food is great. At any of the places in the market you can have delicious plate of traditional Puebla's Food. The prices are affordable, very inexpensive I 'll say.
If you get to the market and you don't know what to order, here's my recommendation, in order of preference of 5 dished I tried:
1. Chile en Nogada, if available during your visit.
2. Pipian de Cacahuates, can be based on Pork or Chicken, because I could not decide I asked them to combined both.
3. Mole Poblano, a great combination of Cacao and Mexican species, can be served with chicken and also pork. I tried the Chicken one and was exquisite
4. Quesadilla, here again, they have about 4 or 5 types (chicken, mushroom, spinach), again I wanted all of it, so the mixed everything,,,, and the result was great.
5. Panza, you have to be brave to order this, is really, really spicy.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!