Mercado Central

Mercado Central - Square close to the market

Mercado Central Santiago Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Fish market in Santiago Jan 20, 2012
Mercado Central Santiago became a special treat for me when my friend that was born and raised in Santiago took me to his favorite place to eat. I went to the market few times before, ordered some food, bought some algae and fish, but when you are invited by someone that has passion about his town… that is very special. This is the main fish market in Santiago, which means a lot because fishing is one of the Chilean main industries. Variety of the sea creatures on the market is incredible, and freshness is superb! Market is located in the old building close to the city’s main square and it is easily accessible by metro and bus system. Building has a central hall area where few restaurants offer many Chilean fish specialties, and you can imagine how fresh and good that food is… I don’t remember the names of the food plates that I tried, but you must try fish soup, crisp black algae, polyps, muscles and then everything else… To make everything even better, get bottle or two of huge variety of the Chilean vine! Place has become a bit touristy, and prices are on higher note, but I would gladly pay it again…
Windows in the main hall
Africancrab says:
Thanks for sharing. I love fish and would love to sample fish from down there.
Posted on: Jan 20, 2012