Mercaderes Backpackers

Check Arequipa Hotel Deals

Mercaderes Backpackers Arequipa Reviews

anupa_rk anupa_rk
Perfect location, decent ambience Jul 05, 2015
The hostel’s entrance is a little bit worrying. It is a narrow door to a narrow tall building. There is a doorbell up front that you ring to get the reception to open the door for you. Then you go up this steep flight of stairs, wondering what kind of a place this is!

Finally you get to the reception area. The folks at the reception were quite sweet and friendly. I was shown my 6 bed dorm and the rest of the hostel. The common room had a refrigerator and a television. I didn’t really see many people there during the day but at night, the television was in demand!

The common bathrooms were a few steps away, but that was fine by me.

The dorms had lockers for each bed. You had to have your own lock, but the lockers were a decent size. They fit my carry on bag, but would not fit a big backpack.

The best part about the hostel really is its location. A few steps from the happening Plaza de Armas, and right next to a bunch of shops and restaurants. Even late at night, the streets were filled with people - both local and tourists. The whole area had a very upbeat feel to it, which I absolutely loved.

I didn’t get to sample the breakfast as I had to leave for my Colca Canyon trek at 3 am, but going by the rest of it I bet it wasn’t bad.

All in all, I’d definitely recommend this hostel. It isn’t a party hostel for sure. But it has a nice feel and excellent location.

Check Arequipa Hotel Deals