Meramees Hostel Cairo

32 Sabri Abou Alam Street, Cairo, Egypt

Meramees Hostel Cairo Rates and Deals

Meramees Hostel Cairo Reviews

daisyg303 daisyg303
Centrally Located, wi-fi internet, kitchen and laundry service,free airport pickup Aug 01, 2010
It is located in downtown where you are close to pretty much everything including restaurants such as McDonald's, Costa Coffee, Pizza Hut and Cilantro's. The Egyptian Museum and shops are very close by. The rooms are big and the staff are super friendly and helpful. We arrived at 2:am in the morning and our sheets were not clean but they took care of it as soon as we brought it to their attention. They have a kitchen with a fridge if you bring food or snacks. It's on the 5th floor so you can either take the stairs or take the antique elevator.I do want to mention that this hotel is right next to a huge mosque so therefore you will here the loud calls of prayer 5 times a day. I didn't mind it at all but it is good to know for those of you who are light sleepers. Other than that you will enjoy the fact that everything is at walking distance and you don't have to deal with taxis. We didn't ask or buy any of their tours so I can't really comment on that but as far as our overall accommodation it was very good and comfortable.
double twin beds
meganoneill6 meganone…
Affordable and Amazing! Dec 19, 2010
I absolutely loved my stay in Cairo, all thanks to this hostel!

Amazing staff who are extremely helpful with anything and everything you can imagine! The price is great value and air conditioning is just exactly what you need after a day in Cairo!

When you first walk in the downstairs is quite creepy and run down and you definitely do feel a little dodgy but the downstairs has nothing to do with the hostel.

Upstairs you will find lovely friendly staff and a comfortable chilling out area where you can meet other travellers.

(I met some great people here!).

Great location, very central and shop just on the corner for food.

I'd definitely recommend it, and leave a note on the wall for other travellers to see! (Mine is there!).

Enjoy Cairo
skydiver skydiver
Pleasant hotel in Downtown Cairo. Jan 10, 2009
Me and my friend got the tip about the Meramees Hotel in Cairo from a girl we met during our trip in Egypt. It's a really nice hotel and for a really good price we got a nice clean double room. The view from the window isn't that great, but the room itself makes you feel comfortable anyway. The hotel stuff is really helpfull and nice and there's a common room to watch TV or to sit down on pillows by a table. The hotel offers a communal kitchen and a laundry service as well. A good thing is the location, it's situated in the downtown of cairo, just some 3 minutes walk from the Egyptian museum. The building it's not that easy to find, that's true. The hotel is on the upper floors, but using the antique lift in that house was fun. As for me I felt really comfortable in this hotel and liked it a lot.
Me in our room.
Our room, we had more beds then ne…
The antique lift.
yollotl_travel says:
Guys please do not stay here! I wanted to buy the nile cruise, but they change the plan not one but two times, at the end I decided to cancel it, and they made pay 23 dollar for that (it is not legal). At Luxor I find single room almost at half price and clean. Here the rooms are dirty. During tour to Giza, the drivers go to a store I never ask for! Please be aware!
Non dormire qui! Ho prenotato la crociera sul Nilo ma mi hanno cambiato il programma due volte, alla fine ho deciso di cancellare tutto, ed ho dovuto pagare 23 dollari per nulla (questo non è legale in Egitto). ho fatto il tour a Giza ma il taxista mi ha portato anche a suoi amici per vendermi altre cose. La stanza non era pulita, i bagni, mal messi. In luxor si può trovare alberghi puliti a prezzo quasi a metà di qui
Posted on: Feb 18, 2010

Meramees Hostel Cairo Overview

The Meramees is located between Cairo Station and the Nile River. There are a number of attractions located near this hotel in Cairo. Guests will find that the Egyptian Museum and the Khan Al Khalil Market are both nearby, as well as the famed attractions of Giza. The Meramees Hostel is located near the city’s public bus and metro stops. Public transit, rental cars, and taxi cabs offer transportation to attractions throughout Cairo as well as to the nearby airport and the hotel offers an airport shuttle.

All of the guestrooms at the hotel offer private balconies. Each room offers a bright décor as well as climate controls. Private bathrooms can also be found in each of the hotel’s guestrooms.

Guests will find ample shopping and dining choices in the area. The hotel offers an onsite tour desk for travelers to enjoy. There is a friendly staff onsite ready to answer any questions that you may have.

Meramees Hostel Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Computer
  • Laptop
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower