Bali, Indonesia

Menjangan Island Bali Reviews

heyjude heyjude
Stunning Island Dec 11, 2013
If you love diving or snorkeling, better you visit this island: Menjangan island. The island is just lovely. I went there last November with some friends. We went there by motorbike. The touring started at 3AM because we'd like to catch the sunrise in Medewi beach.

Medewi beach is located 34 kilometers from Tabanan. We arrived at Medewi at 4:30AM. While waiting the sunrise, we're sleeping under the sky. At 5:45AM we saw the sunrise, and yes: very beautiful sunrise!!!

We continued our trip, we headed to Menjangan Island. Here you go! The real journey began. Menjangan Island is located at Taman Nasional Bali Barat (West Bali National Park). When we passed the main road, monkeys and boars were crossed the road. And I was amazed.

In Menjangan Island, we met our guide. Lucky us, the guide has their own boat and snorkeling equipment. So we got cheap price. Can you imagine? We paid just IDR 125,000 per person (approximately USD 12)all included - the boat and snorkeling equipment. We started at 9AM, then took 30 minutes to cross the ocean. We're snorkeling, we're swimming, and we're having a great time. At 2PM we're back and had lunch. My suggestion, don't forget to bring snacks and water. The price for food and beverage is pretty expensive.

I'm thankful I could see God's creatures. We were surrounded by a multitude of fish, Corals, Starfish, and you name it! The Coral gardens really beautiful. And we saw a Deer by the water. Definitely, you'll love this island: Menjangan Island :)
Menjangan means "Deer" and you wil…
heyjude says:
Thank you very much Hamzah and Christian! Have a great weekend :)
Posted on: Dec 20, 2013
Chokk says:
Congrats on the feature ;)
Posted on: Dec 19, 2013
Hamzah says:
Congrats on your featured review
Posted on: Dec 17, 2013
renonk renonk
Snorkling at Menjangan Island Aug 24, 2011
Ahhh, i almost forgot to post this trip. It was long time ago. But this trip unforgetable. OK… let’s the story begin… :P So, I went there with some couchsurfer friends. It was like 12 of us, so we went there by cars. We left Denpasar at night like 10ish. So, Menjangan island is located on the south west of Bali. Right at the edge :P . So it took us around 3 hours driving. We stayed at one of a friend’s villa so we didn’t have to look for accommodation. But actually you can go there for one day trip. Leave early morning and come back at night, it’s also fine but it’s gonna be tiring since it’s far away. We left the villa in the morning to the Menjangan harbor, and got there at around 9ish. We rented a boat which fit for 10persons and costs around 400k i think. So we shared the the costs.

You can rent fins and goggles there. Fins costs 20k and same price as goggles. There will be one guide in the boat who will take you around the island. They will bring you to 3 spots where there are good places for dive and snorkle. The first spot is not amazing, but a pretty good start though. :) the corals is Good and fishes are colorful. After the second place, they will brought us to the land to take a break. Ahhh don’t forget to bring foods for lunch, because after swimming and snorkling you will get fuckin starving :P .

Then the second place is soooooo damn amazing. Away more beautiful than the first one. The corals are very colorful, as well as the fishes. I saw some nemos there :) . And a lot of kind of fishes.. i couldn’t stop saying ” wow wow wee wow”. Hehehehe… I’ve never seen beautiful underwater view like that before but on TV. Hehehehe… sorry I’m a bit too much, but it is beautiful. After the second spot, the guide brought us the temple that located in the middle of the island. And we saw huge deer there… hahaha felt like Xmas. That was the first time I saw real deer you know.. you know… you know… So u can imagine how happy i was :P .

After the temple, the guide brought us to the last one, but i didn’t go because i was too tired. So i slept on the boat while some people went. They said the place is as beautiful as the second one. Huh! too bad i didn’t go, but well it’s still in Bali, so I can go next time ;) .

Anyways, this place is the best for snorkle as far as i know :) .

*picture coming soon!

More info:
bagusferriyanto bagusfer…
Diving/ Snorkeling Paradise Jan 27, 2010
Menjangan Island

Low, dry, limestone island at northwest Bali but it is a premier diving area. The extensive reef flat at the island's westernmost extension-suffered damage from clown-of-thorns starfish and El Nino warming, but the walls for which Menjangan is most famous are still in good condition.

Related Travel Blogs About Menjangan Island

Bali VII: Lovina
Well, I left the quaint little town of Ubud two daysago, and took a small tour of the mountains, includinga temple and the volcano.The trip to the temple, Gunung Kawi was all right. Itbegan with the …Menjangan, a small island of the North West coast of Bali .  It was the most beautiful area.  We water…

Check Bali Hotel Deals