Meneheune Surf School

San Diego, California

Meneheune Surf School San Diego Reviews

HeatherHop HeatherH…
Great surfing lessons! Jul 18, 2009
I booked with the Meneheune Surf School after checking out the websites of/calling about 15 different companies offering surf lessons in the area. Since I live here and I'm not just here for the week like many tourists, I had the time to sit down and do a lot of research into the most affordable/best fit my schedule surf school in the area, which included stopping at any and all surf shops which had signs reading "surf lessons" in the window.

Meneheune was a good choice for me. The price was relatively expensive, but as I found out through my research, pretty much all surf lessons are expensive unless you are somehow able to persuade a surfer friend to take you out and give you a lesson for free.

I did a 2-hour private lesson. I brought my own wetsuit and surfboard, although they did say that they had those items available for people who do not have them, so don't fret if you don't have your own equipment.

The instructor was very laid back and mellow, and put me at ease in the water. He helped me to get my form correct, and encouraged me to keep trying until I succeeded. Eventually I did end up standing up on the board!

I now know what I need to practice, and am more confident in the water and on a surfboard than I was prior to my lesson.

It was a bit expensive, but well worth the investment.

Related Travel Blogs About Meneheune Surf School

Learning to Surf
I took a surf lesson today. It's true that I've lived in Southern California my entire life, and I have spent many hours floundering around in the ocean on a surfboard, attempting to stand up, but us…Meneheune Surf School, which has locations in several areas of San Diego County. I met my instructor at Swami's Beach…

Check San Diego Hotel Deals