Memphis Marriott Downtown

Memphis Marriott Downtown Rates and Deals

Memphis Marriott Downtown Reviews

MissJaneCA MissJane…
Not the best Marriott experience May 18, 2010
I've stayed at a lot of nice Marriott hotels but this is not one of them. I had the highest floor with access to the conceiage lounge. I grabbed a cookie from the lounge and left it on the computer desk to make a phone call. Only mins later I had some little tiny micro friends who joined me on my desk. ANTS! They came out of nowhere. How did they get to the top floor so quickly? Was there an express ANTS elevator that I wasn't been told? The staff came to help and sprayed some stuff around my luggage (it was sitting next to the desk). The front desk staff didn't do anything about upgrading me or give me some extra rewards for the inconvenience they have brought me. I had to ask for a different room and slept feeling like there were still ants crawling all over me. Two thumbs down!
magnificent says:
Thanks for your fair insight on this property with some humor =)
Posted on: May 19, 2010
crookedtoe crookedt…
Ok stay at Marriott, Memphis, TN Mar 22, 2008
My stay at the Marriott Downtown in Memphis , TN, was a typical stay. The door man greeted me and point me towards check in. Since I was a gold member of their frequent stayer group, I was treated with even more gratitude. I was granted access to the Concierge Lounge on the 19th floor. Breakfast was not the best there.

A couple of good things there: the downtown trolley picks up right outside the door. Drops you off at Beale Street which is like Austin's 6th street. Music and people walking all around. the elevators were fast and there were enough to get people where they needed to go pretty fast.

A couple of things they can work on: the bar food and the hotel food was terrible. Go to one of the many resturants within a mile of the hotel. It is worth the 5.00 taxi ride.

Valet Park as parking in the hotel garage is about a half mile walk to check in. It cost 5.00 more, but well worth it.

They only had feather pillows, which I was allergic to, so my nights were not the best.

I will probably not stay here again. The Peabody Hotel is just down the road. Yes it is where they have the Ducks in the fountain. Everynight they get shuffled up the elevator to their special room. I will have to see that next time.

Memphis Marriott Downtown Overview

The Marriott Hotel Downtown Memphis is a good hotel in Memphis for those who want to really explore the area. It is within walking distance of almost every major tourist site, attraction, or destination. The Memphis Trolley Line has a stop at the front door which means that any site not available on foot is only a short ride away on the trolley. Places like the FedEx Forum, National Civil Rights Museum, Mud Island River Park, Fire Museum, Victorian Village, Orpheum Theater, and Beale Street are all less than a mile away. The Marriott Hotel Downtown Memphis is located at 250 North Main Street, and is eight miles from the Memphis airport.

The 600 rooms and suites in the Marriott Hotel Downtown Memphis all have excellent views, cable TV, high-speed Internet access, personal safes, climate controls, in-room movies, refrigerators, beverage stations, and luxury toiletries.

Those staying at the Marriott Hotel Downtown Memphis will appreciate the in-house restaurant, signature lounge with bar service, swimming pool, fitness center, golf course, tour desk, news stand, concierge service, laundry and dry cleaning, business service center, meeting and banquet rooms, and on site parking.

Memphis Marriott Downtown Amenities

• Exhibit Space
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower