Melting Pot

Melting Pot - the meats (and veggies) bubbling away

Melting Pot Saint Louis Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Go for the experience, not the food Mar 21, 2011
A fondue restaurant, The Melting Pot has several locations around the country, including two in the St. Louis area. This one is located in University City, on Delmar. Opening hours are Monday-Thursday: 5 pm - 10 pm, Friday : 5 pm - midnight, Saturday: 4 pm - midnight and Sunday: 4 pm - 10 pm. **Reservations are an absolute must.** We were there at 4 PM on a Saturday, and overheard a family being turned away until 9:15, being the earliest available table.

This being my first time at the Melting Pot, I had been told ahead of time by some friends to go for the experience, not necessarily the food. I thought fondue was just cheese and chocolate, but there is also an entree course, where you pretty much boil your own meat in your selected broth. I chose the teriyaki steak, and it was good, but I prefer to have my meals cooked and served to me. Like I said, experience, not the food. I did thoroughly enjoy the cheese and dessert courses, and the evening was quite fun. We chose the Wisconsin cheddar, one of their most popular cheeses and I loved this. It was flavored really nice with beer, and the dippers (broccoli, carrots, 3 different breads and granny smith apples) paired really well with it. Dessert was absolutely decadent. Since I love dark chocolate and my friends prefer white, we got the Yin-Yang, a precariously designed chocolate fondue of both, served with dippers of brownies, strawberries, cookie-crusted marshmallows, cheesecake, Rice Krispy treats and bananas.

Eating at the Melting Pot is truly a dining experience -- you need to allow at least two hours for the meal if you are doing cheese, entree and dessert. Plus, it is expensive. For me alone, it was $45, not including gratuity.

The staff at the Melting Pot is super friendly, but our waiter wasn't all that helpful. We overheard another waiter at a table who was giving suggestion and doing a really great job.

Being located in the Loop, street parking can be an issue, but there is a large public parking lot in what would be behind the restaurant.
the cheese fondue
(raw) teriyaki steak
the meats (and veggies) bubbling a…

Check Saint Louis Hotel Deals