Mellow Mushroom

www.mellowmushroom.com - (843) 407-1442

Mellow Mushroom Florence Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
Almost Too Mellow for its Own Good Mar 25, 2011
Restaurants close early in Florence, SC, despite the city being a major overnight stop along Interstate I-95. When we headed out to dinner around 8:30 p.m., we found most places, except fast food, had already closed on a Friday evening. Doubling back to our hotel, the Mellow Mushroom nearby was still open, and from the look of it, kicking! We went in and did find it crowded, mostly with college students from nearby and young families. But, it did not take long to be seated.

Looking around, most tables were ordering pizza. Still, the menu was varied and we thought pizza might take a while to prepare. So I ordered a half-BLT Hoagie sandwich with a small Greek Salad. Drew wanted a House Calzone (spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, and cheese) and Susan a half-Avocado Salad.

We set in to wait...and wait. After a while we noticed parties who had arrived after us were served their pizzas. (We though our order simple--deli sandwiches and salads that, except for Drew's, did not need cooking.) Too, severs were stopping to chat and sit with customers. I guess everyone knows everyone here and they are indeed mellow. Finally, our food did arrive. It was very good! Nice salads, a tasty Calzone, and delicious bread. But, wow it took about 40 minutes to come out!

The food was good. I would give Mellow Mushroom another chance, but maybe I would order pizza next time!
Mellow Mushroom
vances says:
We have a Mellow Mushroom in Wilmington...top notch and we've never encountered a delay like you had. Hope round #2 is more satisfying!

:^)