Average rate: $93 - Hotel class: 5 stars

Melia Hanoi Rates and Deals

Melia Hanoi Reviews

ngan ngan
One of the most luxury hotels in Hanoi, Vietnam Jul 28, 2011
I stayed at this hotel few months ago. In April, 2011.

This hotel is quite close to the Old Quarter and you actually can see the hotel standing from anywhere in the city center. It doesn't mean that its very high building. Its just the fact that Hanoi is an Old City so the houses tend to be low.

The Hotel has 22 floors as I saw the numbers in the elevator. The 22th floor is Presidential Suite, the 21st floor is Grand Suite and the 20th floor is Executive Suite. I stayed on the 20th floor :P

The first impression about this hotel from me is good. The manager and the staff were friendly to us even though we arrived there at noon, looked dirty, sun burnt skin due to 9 days riding motorbikes. In general, we didn't look good at all :)

The hotel has the executive lounge, which is 7 steps away from my room, where I had breakfast, snacks, drinks during the stay. The food and drinks in the lounge were free to me and they even had bar time from 5:30 to 7:30 pm everyday, when you can enjoy some food with wines. The food was ok. I think they have similar foods to serve in most 5-star hotels: sushi, tiny cakes, small sandwiches, little sausage and beans, juices....Mostly Western style.

The bar, spa, swimming pool, gym are on the same floor and they are very empty. I only saw a group of Vietnamese come there and learned how to dance, played the musical instrument on the stage. They have the outdoor spa with big "chairs" (they are too big, I could even lie on them).

The room is great with mini bar, 42" LCD screen cable TV and other 5-star facilities.

The room service is great. I happened to need my clothes washed to go out at night the first day we arrived. Its 6pm already so I had to ask for express laundry service. They gave my clothes back 1 and half an hour later, cleaned, ironed and smell nice and charged regular price. Still expensive though.

As seen in all the pictures in the hotel, this is the hotel many famous people chose to stay, President of this country, Prime Minister of that country, saw a pic of President of Russia Medvedev as well. He definitely stayed in the Presidential Suite :)

And I don't know why there are lots of big events were held in this hotel. I was there during some kind of event of Banks in ASEAN or Asia. Not sure. But it was so crowded and noisy in the Hall.

In general, I enjoyed staying at this hotel and seems like this is one of the most luxury hotels in Hanoi when I asked the people whether this one is a good hotel or not
From outside
The Deluxe room
The view from the room.
The view from outdoor bar
mcphistino says:
Have to come to Hanoi though! :-) Great review, thanks for sharing, Ngan!
Posted on: Jul 29, 2011
MeiYen MeiYen
Melia Hotel Hanoi Mar 29, 2010
The hotel had high security when we checked in and we will need to scan our bags whenever we want to get to the elevators to go up to our rooms. Reason being there are some VIPs in house. Hence the security was tight.

The hotel’s location is not exactly at the old quarter but it is not that far to walk there, probably about 10-15 minutes walk. It would be a nice stroll through the Ho Kiem Lake.

The rooms are somewhat old fashion but comfortable. I don’t really like the bathroom though as it’s still with the high bath tub and shower curtain. I find it hard to climb in and out of the bath tub since I am not that tall.

The buffet breakfast is served at El Patio on the ground floor. Breakfast spread was reasonable with varieties like sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, cereals, cold cuts, a la minute eggs counter cooked to your preference as well as some Vietnamese dish like pho.

There is a gaming club called Stardust at the hotel and we were given USD$30 voucher per room to play in the club. There are slots, black jack, baccarat, roulette and others in there. Stardust is like a mini casino but all are computerize games. The voucher is for the slots only. If you win, you could keep your winnings minus the USD$30 for the voucher. If you lose that USD$ 30, you don’t have to pay anything. My first time at the baccarat table and I won some. Must be beginner’s luck! :-)
Melia Hotel
Entrance to Melia Hotel
Lobby
Room
dave-tripping says:
awesome Hanoi pictures :) Going to have to add to my list of future dest. cheers!
Posted on: Apr 12, 2010
mcphistino says:
Wow, Vietnamese food really looks very delicious....njam njam!!!
Posted on: Apr 05, 2010
MeiYen says:
What can I say... I am lucky..;) Play USD$10, won USD$100.. :p
Posted on: Apr 05, 2010
trippin_jen trippin_…
Melia Hotel Hanoi, 2008 Oct 29, 2010
I don't really recall my stay at this Hotel as I've only been there once and most of the time was out of the room. Here are just some photos to share.

Melia Hanoi Overview

This Hanoi hotel caters to the distinguished traveler. The Melia Hotel Hanoi is nestled in city center, near famous tourist sites such as the Quan Su Pagoda, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Hoan Kiem Lake, and many others. Hotel amenities include three meeting rooms, a swimming pool, tennis, fitness center, onsite restaurants, pool bar, ballroom, and massages. The Melia Hotel Hanoi can easily be reached from the international airport of Hanoi about 18 miles away and train station, a short distance from the property. However, public transportation is also available.

The 306 guestrooms at the Melia Hotel Hanoi are sophisticated and designed with full-length windows, desk and executive chair, private bathroom, and gorgeous furnishings. Amenities include satellite television, mini-bar/refrigerator, bathrobe/slippers, voicemail, DD phones, and air conditioning.

The Melia Hotel Hanoi has been frequented by many famous people, some to include the Prime Minister of Iceland, Her Majesty Queen Sofia de Borbon of Spain, Prince Mohamed Bolkia, President Fidel Castro, Miss Universe 2002, and others. The hotel is simply gorgeous, offering guests a memorable experience with onsite babysitting, beauty shop, and travel agency.

Melia Amenities

• Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes