Melbourne Cricket Ground

(03) 9657 8888

Melbourne Cricket Ground Reviews

painey painey
The place for sport Jun 14, 2011
Melbourne is a great city in itself. If you know anything about this city you would know it's the hub for a sports crazed city. We have many sports played here in Melbourne, from Soccer, Rugby league, Rugby Union, Cricket, Tennis, Ice Hockey and of course Aussie Rules Football.

Aussie rules is a form of football, only played at the professional level in Australia. The MCG or Melbourne Cricket Ground is the #1 sporting stadium in Australia. It hosts Many sports such as Soccer, Aussie Rules, Cricket, Rugby and music events.

If you are ever in Melbourne during the winter, you can catch a game of Aussie Rules at this magnificent venue. The season goes from March thru to the end of September. The stadium holds over 100,00 patrons. Tickets generally start from $22.00 to see a game of Aussie rules, but will vary from sport to sport.

The prices of food are like any other sporting spectacle, quiet expensive. Beers are $7 plus, and only mid strength sold at night games. A burger will set you back $10.

Transportation is fairly easy with trams running directly to the venue. Trains will take you to the outer suburbs. It is about a 15 minute walk from Federation Square in Melbourne's CBD.

The MCG offers tours on weekdays, they start from $15 for adults.

If you are ever here in Melbourne, this would be a must see, especially if you love your sport.
e-Mariana says:
I went to a footy game a couple of weeks ago and loved it, even though I didn't know any rules at the beginning.

And would just like to add to your review that students have great concessions. A ticket will cost a student aroun $12.
Posted on: Jun 29, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Melbourne Cricket Ground

Day 30 of Australia Adventure - Melbourne., Australia - May 16th 2010
Day 30 of Australia Adventure - Melbourne., Australia  - May 16th 2010Today is another day in Melbourne, I make sure to get up early today and check more of Melbourne today. I have later in the …Melbourne Cricket Grounds. I make my way down to the Victoria Harbour, not many people around as it is early…
Fooooooooootball!
Saturday, August 29Today is cold and gray. We walked to the tram, which included a steep 4-block hill. You'd think after 3 weeks here, my legs would be stronger! But noooooooo. We caught one of the …Melbourne Cricket Grounds (the MCG), one of Melbourne's sports stadiums. It's about a 15-20 minute…
MCG tour!!
So I've been to the MCG a couple of times during footy season to watch matches and thought it seemed pretty cool, so I decided to make Lindsay go on a tour with me. I can't remember how much it …ground and its history(it has a LOT of history..) Really interesting though. It was SO cool walking on the actual grass of the freakin Melbourne Cricket

Check Melbourne Hotel Deals