Melbourne Connection Backpackers Hostel
205 King St, Melbourne, Australia
www.melbourneconnection.com - + 61 (03) 9642 4464
Melbourne Connection Backpackers Hostel Rates and Deals
Melbourne Connection Backpackers Hostel Reviews
Nice hostel in a creaky building in Melbourne May 24, 2008
Wha? Melbourne Connection packers hostel
Huh? Melbourne, Australia
Oh? Alright hostel, a bit old but good atmosphere
Und? 7/10, good
Nights spent: 15 of them
My room: Six shares, eight shares, on each of the three floors
Check out time: 10am
1. Beds: Your average bunkbed, wooden lining, fair enough. Fairly low though!
2. Bathroom: Good enough. One person at a time, spacious, sink, toilet and shower, not always separated. Cleanish.
3. Alcohol: Bring it on.
4. Kitchen: Not big enough. Two sinks and two stoves with four pits each. Several microwaves, not always working. Cutlery could be added, not always as clean.
5. Location: Good! Not in the middle of the party streets, but in a chilled out part of Melbournes CBD (Chicken Burger District). Close to the Southern Cross station, Telstra Dome, trams, Flagstaff Park. A short walk to the Yarra river, a bit further to Federation Square and Flinders St Station.
6. Price: 26A$ a night for a six to eight share. Internet a couple of dollar per minute.
7. Features: Good internet (but time at the reception), WIFI, job search, travel help, laundry machines, two TV rooms with a score of DVDs and books to read.
Better than opposing Kings Street Backpackers, this Melbourne hostel is a nice place to spend some nights. The building is a bit old and sometimes a bit creaky, but does the job well. Rooms aren't too big, same goes for the beds, where the bathrooms (six or seven in total) are quite spacious. The kitchen could use an upgrade though. Melbourne's Connection is close to some key attractions in the city, and on acceptable walking distance anywhere else. A tram round the corner will take you to seaside St. Kilda, the Southern Cross station to anywhere else. An alright place to meet people but no partyhostel. It would help to book ahead in busy months (december, january) as they can fill up quite quickly. Recommended!
Part of the list Hostels in Melbourne
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!