Melbourne Central YHA

Melbourne Central YHA Rates and Deals

Melbourne Central YHA Reviews

roxinsox roxinsox
Be sure to book in advance Apr 22, 2011
During my stay in Australia I tried a few times to book this hostel a week in advance but was successful only once. It is a very popular place due to its proximity to major sporting, entertainment, and shopping areas and is booked well in advance ahead of major sporting events.

It is within a couple of blocks of Southern Cross Station which is the transportation link for to the airport so is convenient for travelers with a lot of luggage as there are lockers in the Station. The free City Circle tram is across the street from the hostel, providing easy access to all tourist highlights in the city center.

My dorm was on the main level of the hostel (which is the second floor) and I was amazed at how beautiful the bathroom facilities were. The room with showers, toilets, and sinks was nicer than what I have seen in most (lower price, but not cheap) hotels in Australia. The materials looked quite expensive, the design was very modern, and the room was spacious, clean, and I rarely ran into another person while using the facilities. This was partly due to the fact that I don't keep the same hours as the typical backpacker, but I also had the impression that there was a low ratio of guest beds to bathroom facilities. I don't know the situation on the higher floors.

The kitchen/dining area was also very clean, compact, with an appealing hot food service cafeteria, and a pleasant and well mannered group of travelers sharing the space. I didn't try the food here, but will definitely be doing so on my next trip.

The website is easy to use, with color coded charts showing room availability. Beds are a little more expensive than what you would find elsewhere in the city, but well worth the price. I paid about $34 as a YHA member.

The only letdown for me was a saggy mattress. There were 2 other open beds in the 4 person dorm, but as I was there only 1 night, I didn't check out the top bunks for quality of mattress.
wanz_ure says:
Hey there!I had a really good 10days or so stay here while i was in Melbourne and I have to agree with you. I thought I was being too kind on the review but indeed, this is one of the best YHA hostel in the YHA chain of hostels I have ever stayed in.
I stayed in room 208 previously and yes besides the kitchen i really do love the toilet! Its very clean and feels almost as private as the one back home.
Will stay in this hostel again next time im in Melbourne.Nice review! =)
Posted on: Nov 01, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Melbourne Central YHA

Melbourne
finally arrived late into melbourne, with no plan other then i had to get out of sydney as quickly as possible as the cost of staying there was fastly increasing to 40$ a night for a hostel. i dont k…YHA Melbourne central (and if you didnt know located apparently right next to the massive rail station) but they…

Check Melbourne Central YHA Rates and Deals