Melagiri Hills

Melagiri Hills Reviews

mar-kiv mar-kiv
KANS Base Camp Aug 16, 2011
Woke up @ 04:00 hrs to catch up with the car ride to Anchetty guest house

Anchetty is pretty small village sort off and its gives the typical countryside of view.

From Anchetty we drove in the SUV's to Melagiri (reserve forest ) leaving behind our car as the way is bit rought due to loose gravel and small streams flowing in the middle of the road.

We reached the main base camp @ Melagiri hills where KANS has set up and v guys jump staright ahead to put our tents.

Its a good initiative and i was glad to be there.

The day we spent goin to Camera traps and checking out the animals caught on the cam.

It was gr8 to see the wild animals like lepard, elephant and many others still admist us near by with the evidence found from the cam.

KANS taught us a lot of stuff abt trees and how to preseve the forest and stop it from dying due to human inhibitant .

There had been sightings of tigers as v got to know frm the villagers and KANS has been working hard to make the forest a better & safe place for Tigers and stop poaching of other endangered wild animals.

As the darkness engulfed the atmosphere the beauty of the forest was soo amazingly lit due to full moon nite.

In Midst of the jungle, sleeping in a tent at camp site next to a beautiful flowing Cauvery river, Full moon lit skies , calm and peaceful atmosphere , possibilty of wild animals near by the camp site. What more can be better than this ?

I nvr wanted to sleep and then put on my i-touch to have my own pvt dark party in jungle. Woooow wat a music trip.. the thrill of the jungle , music in my ears and gr8 weather . was njoying my nite.

I'm looking forward to be a permanent member of KANS and join hands with them to volunteer more of such initiatives.

Melagiri gr8 place and had to get permission from the DFO in order to enter the jungle. I guess to volunteer in this social work is the best way to reach this beautiful dense jungle and experience Man Vs Wild :)
Kenneth Anderson's Nature Society
The Members & Me
The tent put up by us
head towards the tent set up

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

Melagiri Map