Mekong river

Can Tho, Vietnam

Mekong river Can Tho Reviews

viluve viluve
Mekong delta Mar 18, 2011
Cheap trip, but a waste of my day in Vietnam.

The trip was cheap, but the time taken to reach Mekong river and back was such a waste time.

Once reached Mekong river, you'll be taking one of the boat to tour the large area of Mekong river. Perhaps I'm just being very picky, but the sight does not really impress me. The floating market was just 'so-so', I prefer the one in Thailand.

You'll be taken to one of those places where they make rice popcorns, get to sample honey and teas. Lunch was good though, although you have to shell some extra $ to get the good stuff, still cheap and worth having.

Unless you're interested in seeing brown colour river with plenty of boats selling stuff.. not really recommended.
mummymel mummymel
My Tho / Ben Tre - village life Jun 09, 2008
Being Asian and Malaysian, I suppose the experience down the Mekong River was less exciting than say, for a Westerner. Looking at coconut trees, local orchard, honey farms and even the quaint Ben Tre town seem all too familiar. But let this not discourage you from paying a visit to the delta.

If you enjoy the serenity and simplicity of village life with some degree of tolerance for extreme heat and mossies, this could be the place. For travellers interested in homestay, dont forget insect repellents and loose clothing. It is really hot this time of the year!

Please view my blog for more details.
digitalis digitalis
Mar 17, 2007
If you’re looking for some new exotic flavor, nothing’s worth a ride over Mekong. Then you’ll enjoy the richness of this river. You’ll stop first in Mytho before heading north to Cantho.

Related Travel Blogs About Mekong river

A visit to the Mekong Delta
People i met here, who contributed to and improved my trip: Juliana (Russia), Dean and Ora (Australia) Our next trip from Saigon was to My Tho, a small city on the Mekong River. On our tour were Dea…Tho, a small city on the Mekong River. On our tour were Dean and Ora, an Australian couple who we had met the previous…

Check Can Tho Hotel Deals