Mekarsari Tourism Park

Jl. Raya Cileungsi – Jonggol Km.03, Bogor, Indonesia - Tlp.(021) 823 1822-24, (021) 823 1811-13

Mekarsari Tourism Park Bogor Reviews

cicie cicie
Mekarsari Amazing Tourism Park Nov 19, 2011
I went to Mekarsari Tourism Park, in Bogor with my family. Not to far from our home only 45 minutes from our home by car. We went on early morning, the weather is very hot.

Mekarsari Tourism Park is a place where you can find the kinds of Indonesia’s fruit species in a single location. Mekarsari was built on 1990, founded by Ms. Tien Suharto.

Mekarsari Tourism Park is one of the biggest tropical fruit garden in Asia. This park intended to develop and breeding of superior varieties of fruit and to create a garden which will nurtures plasm collection representing fruit trees, vegetables, and flowering plants. So that safeguard the genetic diversity of these plants.

Mekarsari Tourism Park is covers 264 hectares. Having a diverse collection of plants more than 100,000 plants consisting of 78 Family, 362 Species, Varieties and 1.463 37 000 trees. We will be treated to various types of tourist attractions. Located on Jalan Raya Bogor Regency Cileungsi-Jonggol, West Java. To get this place from Jakarta about one hour. Mekarsari Park opened from 09:00 until 17:00 hours everyday.

The admission ticket of Mekarsari Tourism Park on weekend of Rp. 15,000/ person for one day. Visitor can looking around the park by a Mekarsari tourist train or Mekarsari tourist bus we should pay Rp 10.000/person or rent bicycle Rp. 25.000 /day, because we can't use own vehicle on Mekarsari Tourism Park area. The train or bus will showing you the collection of existing plants and area of Mekarsari Tourism Park .

During the tour we will pass some interesting on outbound area such as, area nurseries, the area of plastic houses, vegetable garden, fishing pond, fruit trees in pots, and fruit gardens. We will be treated to various types of tourist attractions also such as kid playground, lake, outbound area, camping area and swimming pool.

On Mekarsari Tourism Park they have a high tower (30 meter) to see the whole of Mekarsari Recreation Park, and tower is equipped with elevators. The unique Waterfall Building (Waterfall Building) 7-storey is the tallest waterfall building in Indonesia. Waterfall Building is the symbol Mekarsari Tourism Park

To follow the activities on Mekarsari park , we can choose packages that have been provided by them such as package tours planting, cultivation, garden tours, student packages, corporate packages, camp, outbound, plant tissue culture, entertainment packages and much more . The package mostly not expensive.

If you are interested to visit Mekarsari, better you should confirm first by phone, to obtain information and the right time to visit. You can ask them , what plants are being fruitful, because not all plants bear fruit any time simultaneously. So that you certainly do not to be disappointed because looking at existing plants in Mekarsari Park are still on the tree before they harvest.

We can stay on Mekarsari park for camping or rent Leo House. Leo House is cottege with unique architecture look like the house tree . The price for stay is Rp. 550.000 for weekday & Rp. 715.000 for weekend. You should booking before come becuase they have only 5 cotteges.

At Mekarsari park you can enjoy the outdoors and fresh air with all sorts of entertainment or recreation and natural, fully with all sorts of kind of fruits. On the weekend we also can see attraction like as live music, clown attraction, and games. You can come with family or friends.

We really enjoyed..because this cheap recreation and amazing place.
Waterfall Building
Fruits Decoration
Fruit Decoration at Mekarsari Park
Mekarsari Tourism Park
Cho says:
I was in Bogor during my Indonesia trip. I am not 100% certain, but I think I was at this nature park. I recall it being full of trees and plants. Remember, it was a very long time ago(in 1983), and I see from the pictures that a lot of things have changed!
Posted on: Feb 13, 2013