Meininger City Hostel & Hotel Vienna

Meininger City Hostel & Hotel Vienna Rates and Deals

Meininger City Hostel & Hotel Vienna Reviews

johnnycanadian johnnyca…
Top end Hostel and top end price Aug 19, 2011
This Hostel is at a great location with several nearby attractions. It's definitely a bit on the expensive side, but the rooms are spotless and the security fantastic. Not much of a socializing atmosphere and big tours like Contiki come here so it can be a bit of a pain. Breakfast comes with the room price and it's definitely great! I would recommend this to any traveler who is more worried about cleanliness and security over price.
sylviandavid says:
Thanks for this review.... Love a clean room!
Posted on: Aug 19, 2011
Nzelvis Nzelvis
Great location for Vienna Nov 19, 2009
This hostel is located just a little bit south of Vienna's cite centre. The hostel itself is a great place to stay and is a huge building. There are six floors of rooms and each wing of the hostel is protected by a security access door that only people in your wing have access to. Your rooms also have keycard locks. You can't beat that for safety! The hostel is very modern and clean. My wife and I stayed in a private room and had a great bathroom and tv, desk, etc. It felt like a hotel but it was the price of a hostel. It was very quiet but there were places to hang out in the lobby, along with free wifi. I can't forget to mention the free breakfast which consisted of cereals, meat, cheese, bread, jams/jellies, and juice. Not your typical bread only hostel meal! Getting back to location, the hostel is three metro stops from the city centre and it takes 5 minutes to get there. I highly reccommend this hostel and will stay here the next time I visit vienna.
jl_ghs316 jl_ghs316
Overbooked but not overlooked Nov 17, 2009
We had booked two nights at this hotel but when we finally found the place, they informed us that they had overbooked and that we could not be accommodated for the first night. They did put us up in a hotel down the street at no additional cost, and because of that, we got a free breakfast out of the deal that helped make up for the trouble. The Meininger itself was a decent hostel/hotel. I have stayed in the London location, and it is a no thrills hotel. You definitely get what you pay for, but that is a good thing. The room was adequate and the other guests were friendly. I would probably stay here again if I were in Vienna.
miki40 miki40
A modern hostel Aug 23, 2009
It's a wonderful hostel, very clean, modern. There is a lot of staff so sometime you can find someone not very kind. All the bedroom are ikea. It's not in the town center but very near of the underground.
Meninger hostel in Wien - bedroom
Meninger hostel in Wien - bedroom
Charleigh Charleigh
Good Chain Hostel Nov 25, 2008
The Location for this hostel is pretty poor if I'm honest with you, and the worst part is finding it as the directions are even worse than bad, or maybe its just me who cannot find it?! Thats I'm not sure of.

Its alittle far away from everything but everything is within reach by the metro, which is just down the road.

The staff are helpful, friendly, and speak a few languages. Also because its a chain its kept at a high standard, so expect a very clean, warm welcoming stay here.

You should get free breakfast with your stay and if you ask for it a free city map also.
TV and Table in the Bedroom
Shower, free shampoo, very clean
The toilet

• Bicycle Rental
  • Excursions
  • Billiards
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels