Meiji Shrine

Shibuya, Japan

Meiji Shrine Shibuya Reviews

tlenot tlenot
Meiji Shrine Oct 25, 2014
This was the first morning of my visit in Japan. I went jogging up north from my hotel and came here. What I notice first is the Shrine gate into the park/shrine. Very large but also very beautiful. Jogging in the morning in Japan is very nice too as not a lot of people and very relaxing. The park is big and clean. Lots of trees and plants to block the city so it was calming. When I got to the Shrine, it was my first time seeing one and it was beautiful. There were a few workers cleaning the area and a few locals paying their respect. This park and shrine is definitely worth checking out.
Shrine gate to the park and shrine.
Some koi in a pond at the park.
Keishiro Keishiro
Meiji Shrine Jan 21, 2011
Meiji Shrine is one of the famous Shrines in Japan.It's know as sort of Power spot as well.

It's in the woods.It's very rare in Tokyo area.

They have long front approach which has many variety of shops.very cozy.You may feel something sacred.Actually it is.It may have a fun if you walk from Shibya st.They are very nice walking area.
Airportman Airportm…
Shrine complex with a big garden Jul 12, 2000
The Meiji Jingu Shrine is a shinto shrine, which is dedicated to emperor Meiji and his wife, empress Shoken. The shrine itself isn't that old, as construction had begun in 1915 and it was completely finished in 1926.

I've only been here once, during my first visit in Japan in 2000, but what I really loved about the place, was the peace & quiet that I experienced, while'it's surrounded by urban jungle and traffic.

The entrance to the park is free, but for 500 yen (around 4,50 euros or around 6 US dollars) it's possible to visit the Inner Garden and also for 500 yen a visit to the Meiji Jingu Treasure House.

I didn't visit either of time, due to lack of time. But this shrine is definitely worth a visit to escape the city life of Tokyo and have a walk in a quiet area.
Great Torii Gate
Map of Meiji Jingu Shrine
Meiji Jingu Shrine
tlenot says:
I agree with you on the peace and quiet.
Posted on: Dec 02, 2014
Airportman says:
Posted on: Mar 07, 2011
mikethepizzadude says:
Great review! Nice and informative :)
Posted on: Mar 07, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Meiji Shrine

Tokyo July 3 to 6
After deep consideration, i decided to take 1 month vacation to travel and my first place will be 4th time to be there..but pretty nice.  took CI104 from Taipei to Tokyo at 2:15pm and …Meiji Shrine, Shibuya and then back to our hotel.  Ikebukuro has lots of shop and department; Ginza has more…
Heart of Tokyo
It rained the there wasn't that many tourists in Arasaka where sennoji is located. Because it was a national holiday, there weren't that many shops open. Chiziji fish market would have …Meiji Shrine and SHibuya. I loved Omotoesando!! There were soooo many cool shops and cafes! Meiji Shrine is located in the heart…
Exploring Tokyo- New Otani Garden, Meiji Jingu Shrine, Imperial Palace Gardens, Shibuya
I had set my alarm for 8:30 am, out of fear that we would all sleep past noon...but we all woke up naturally around 6:00 am!  We are obviously not acclimated to the time change yet!  We got… I had set my alarm for 8:30 am, out of fear that we would all sleep past noon...but…

Compare Hachioji Hotel Rates (4.5km away)

Meiji Shrine Map