31 John Babiha, Kampala, Uganda
+256 41 4500533

Mediterraneo Kampala Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Romantic Ambiance and Delectable food Jun 10, 2013
My longtime friend Giacomo, an Italian, recommended that I take my husband to Mediterraneo an Italian Restaurant on Acacia avenue. He later joined us for dinner; together we made for a table of four including my husband and girlfriend Agnes.

It was busy when we arrived, but there was plenty of tables for us to be seated at. The staff was warm and welcoming; our waiter was incredibly polite and full of smiles.

What I noticed right away was how beautiful the place was; the outdoor setting has been fitted with an outdoor roof and the candle light created such a romantic atmosphere, I felt like I was on a date.

Service was reasonably fast and the food was great. I ordered a Margarita pizza because I was longing to eat one after the disaster at Lake Bunyonyi Birdnest restaurant. This one was the real thing; an oven thing crust tomatoes, cheese and Italian herb pizza.

Agnes ordered the Tilapia, Mark went with the pasta, and later Giacomo ordered a personal pizza as well.

For drinks, Mark and Agnes ordered the house wine, I went with a martini and Giacomo who arrived later went with a wine as well. They had a great selection for desert, but I just wanted an espresso, which completed my dinner.

I really want to eat there again and look forward to going back before I leave Uganda. I highly recommend it if you find yourself in Kampala. Service was commendable.

Compliments to the chef!!!

PS: "If it looks good, eat it" - Andrew Zimmermann