TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 693,636 travelers just like you!

MedKate

Name: Cathy
Hometown: Nice, France
Website: www.e-caribou.com
Join Date: June 10, 2007
Contributions: MedKate has written about 14 places, shared 30 photos, left 37 comments, and smiled 24 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, showing people around my hometown, sharing travel tips and blogs
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
French, English, Spanish, Russian.
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Three days in the Tien Shen mountains in a Kyrgyz yurta. Horseback riding, rounding the sheep, fishing, hunting for dinner, washing up in a local stream. A traditional sheep slaughtering ceremony and, of course, lots of kumis! Loved the traditional bread with fresh butter. Making leather with the Sacha's mother, an old lady with a leathery face who sure loved her alcool! Cost of weekend = a case of vodka + round trip from Bishkek. A most memorable experience.
Profile
I was born in Ottawa (Canada) and lived there for 18 years before getting the travel bug. Went to Vancouver for 2 weeks and stayed 4 years. Have spent 10 months in Madrid, 5 months in Mexico City, 5 months between Moscow and Nijniy Novgorod. Now living on the French Riviera for 6 years. Moving to Paris next for my residency (hopefully)... My favourite big cities: Vancouver, London, Paris, Saint Petersbourg, Auckland.
travelman727 says:
Cathy, if your schedule allows, I hope you’ll be able to attend our Paris TravBuddy shindigs :-D
Posted on: Jan 20, 2011
Lois196 says:
Hi!

I am new to Nice and would love to meet you, and meet new people! If you are free, or have any ideas on how to meet people and would like to meet up please send me a message.

Kind regards

Lois
Posted on: Feb 26, 2010
deeman says:
Oh God you have a nice smile. thank you a very nice smile thank you for your comments.
Posted on: Aug 07, 2007

MedKate's Travel Blogs

Vienna 2007
Mar 31, 2007
Bought a cheap weekend ticket with my best travel buddy Chris and his friend Mathieu. Never been there before.
Overview 114 words 18 4 8
New Zealand 2006
Jul 07, 2006
Spur of the moment, as with most of my trips. Check out these videos of my two weeks in NZ: 7 days South Island and 7 North.
Overview 0 words 2 0 2

MedKate's Travel Reviews

Average priced "General Tips & Advice" in Nice, France
I recently went around the city looking for an original piece of artwork or photography to remem…
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Nice, France
Last week I would have had nothing but good things to say about this chain of restaurants with a…
Cheap "Nightlife & Entertainment" in Monaco
Le Songe, or Midsummer Night's Dream (yes, Shakespeare). A production of Les Ballets de Monte…