Mecca Hotel

Mecca Hotel Rates and Deals

Mecca Hotel Alexandria Reviews

Biedjee Biedjee
overpriced, poor service, but a great view! Mar 06, 2009
One of the best things about Alexandria is that almost the entire city sprawls out along the seaside (the city is 32 kilometres long, but only 3 kilometres wide) so a seafront hotel was a must.

The Mecca hotel cleverly caters for that by having *all* rooms front the Mediterranean.

Compared to other countries I have been to The Mecca is quite expensive for what it is. But then again, everything in Alexandria is expensive for what it is, and I haven’t travelled enough in Egypt to know whether or not $ 50 for a basic single room with shower and breakfast is expensive in this country, but I’m guessing it is.

The room looks shabby, the bathroom is in a very bad state, the bed is worn, the breakfast tasteless, and the view… well, yeah, the view is great! :-)

Service has always been a loose term in Egypt, and the Mecca hotel excels by having staff actually shout at you if you do something they don’t like.

So I can’t really recommend the Mecca hotel, but then again, I don’t know if any ‘budget’ hotel in Alexandria can actually be recommended.
The front of the Mecca Hotel (in a…
the view
Tarek307 says:
"Budget" travel is not exactly very popular in Egypt at all! you either get 5 Star Service from super nice hotels, or you get horrible hotels!
Posted on: Jun 16, 2012
hossultan says:
Thanks.....I know now i will never go there:)
Posted on: Jun 11, 2009

Mecca Hotel Overview

The hotel is located 15 minutes from the city center, which is home to many boutiques, restaurants, bistros and cafes. The airport can be reached via public transport.

It has 110 rooms and they feature a bath tub, balcony, satellite/cable TV, Internet connection, and air-conditioning unit.

Mecca Hotel offers services and amenities such as 24-hour front desk reception, meeting room that can accommodate up to 100 people, elevator, car rental, room service, safe-deposit box at reception, laundry services and a parking garage.

Our friendly service and modern amenities guarantee that you can relax and really feel at home.

Mecca Hotel Amenities

• Business Center
  • High-speed Internet

Related Travel Blogs About Mecca Hotel

Alexandria for the weekend
When my colleague and I started planning our Cairo trip and training schedule we had trouble fitting it into a normal work week. We’re here to train a customer helpdesk, and as the helpdesk always …Alexandria to make sure I would make it to my hotel. He had even gone through the trouble of checking out some local hotels for me, finally settling…

Check Mecca Hotel Rates and Deals