McSorley's Old Ale House

15 East 7th Street, New York, NY, USA

McSorley's Old Ale House New York Reviews

marinnka marinnka
great place with "real" atmospher May 29, 2011
Words cannot express how much I love this place. Simple. Nostalgic. Full of history. You either get lite or dark beers served up two at a time for 5 bucks. Pretty cheap for NYC. Don't go here if you are looking for martini's or snob drinks. This is a beer chugging old time ...
msbee78 msbee78
Great Beer, Cool People & History for days... Dec 12, 2008
If you are making a stop in NYC this is a must for anyone of legal drinking age who doesn't mind sitting around with strangers. My first time there was June 2008 I had the time of my life. The atmosphere is great. The beer is strong. If you want to kick a few back, meet friendly strangers & get top notch service by all means McSorley's is a must.

Not to mention the history of the place. This is one of the oldest consecutively running bars in NYC. It has been around since 1854. I think they still have the original tables there. Not sure they just look like it but that's what makes this place great.

A word of advice before you go. They do not serve liquor. Your choices are light or dark that's it. =) I have had them both and must say they are both great. They bring them two at a time so don't be surprised when the super capable not always friendly but sarcastic in a good way server comes back with a crap load of beers for you.
The table =)
vances says:
Go for it! Last time I was there (1987?), they were still grousing about permitting women to sad.
msbee78 says:
They have saw dust on the floor. I haven't seen anyone do a cascade but I will have to try it next time I go. LOL I will take photos if it does happen. This is my new favorite NY bar for sure.
vances says:
Haven't been there since the 80' they still have a dirt floor? They used to make you buy five at a time, lol --- either light or dark. Does anyone still attempt a 'cascade' there? (this was consuming five beers in a row by pouring one glass atop the next)atop another

Check New York Hotel Deals