McDonald's Reviews

Mark_Norman Mark_Nor…
McDonald's review? are you serious??? Dec 09, 2010
I am serious, and here is why....

I never thought that I would be writing one of my first reviews on McDonald's, especially since I consider myself such a foodie and being a Chef.

McDonald's can be a great fix, especially when you are on the run and need a quick snack. The prices are cheap and you know what to expect. They seem to have tried to acknowledge that people are looking for more health conscious foods which are great.

I for one do not eat there often but I will say that I am really impressed with their coffee. They offer it free to customers (at least here in Canada) on special days.

Something that I noticed too was that in McDonald's locations worldwide they have "special items" that are not found in all locations. For example, here in Nova Scotia we have the "McLobster" - a soft baguette style bun with lobster meat within (essentially a lobster roll), we also have a version of Poutine (not sure if it is called McPoutine) and I have to say that with the signature French fries it is a real treat!

I have heard of other items such as in France McDonald's that offer a version of a Croque-Monseuir....called a "Croque McDo". I especially love making Croque-Monseuirs at home and I would be interested to see what the McDonald version was like (although I am sure many French Chefs would be ashamed to try it).

Here is a interesting website that acknowledges the "special" items McDonald's offers worldwide:'s_products_(international)
andreamylesa says:
I love that you wrote a review on McD's. Thats awesome!!
I cant take the food but I am curios now to try special items in select locations.
Posted on: Apr 26, 2011
Africancrab says:
Interesting indeed Norman. How so true the introduction. I'm a selective eater too, so it is interestign to be reading and writing about a fast food chain restaurant.But we must agree they deliver that which many 'healthy choice' restaurants don't. Fast, hot and delicious sometimes.
Posted on: Dec 11, 2010
Mark_Norman says:
Wow that is impressive. I think it is something to be proud of in a way since they seem to be everywhere...however I think it is worth trying once, at least the french fries :) Just don't become addicted, I wouldn't want to be responsible for the fact! ;)
Posted on: Dec 09, 2010