McDonald's

ul. Floriańska 55, Krakow, Poland
www.mcdonalds.pl - +48 694 495 935
McDonald's - Don't throw your receipt away!
McDonald's - View from ul. Florianska
McDonald's - McDonald's on Florianska
McDonald's - flat screen TV playing music videos with a news scroll on the bottom of the frame

McDonald's Krakow Reviews

festerwretch festerwr…
First McDonald's in Krakow Dec 14, 2007
Ok, yeah, McDonald’s is McDonald’s everywhere, right? Probably … and I’d never been a huge fan of McDonald’s, usually it’s just food I’ve bought out of the necessity of speed. But, I was surprised that for the most part I seemed to enjoy McDonald’s more in Europe than I do in the States. The overall quality seems to be a notch or two above the overall quality in the States (obviously I’m generalizing here, but this is what I’ve experienced so far) Also, (and this would be the bigger reason that I frequented McDonald’s in Krakow) late at night, after leaving a pub, it was pretty much the only choice, sure there are plenty of kebab stands, but the kebabs in Krakow aren’t all that great.

The reason I’m writing this review about the McDonald’s on Florianska, rather than the one on Szewska (the one I more often frequented – and the one open later on any given day) is because this one on Florianska was the first in Krakow, and there was a lot of controversy surrounding McDonald’s entry into Krakow’s old town. Apparently at first they had a location on the main market square, but those plans were turned down quickly, so it ended up by “Brama Florianska” (the old gate into what used to be the city proper – which is now old town – oddly enough, the location on Szewska is much closer to the main market square – I guess the Florianska location eased the Cracovian city hall’s collective mind?). Anyway, in one of my classes the entry of McDonald’s to Krakow came up (I believe it happened sometime around 1994 or 1995) a fellow student commented on what her grandma (a Cracovian) thought about McDonald’s when it arrived, and surprisingly it mirrors *my* feelings, it was about the quality. Of course her grandma’s concerns about the quality were different from mine, she said her grandma always felt that if she went to McDonald’s she didn’t have to worry about getting food poisoning, not something she trusted about other restaurants at the time. Plus there was the simple fact of all those that were employed, and on a different note, there was always going to be toilet paper stocked in the restrooms … etc … thoughts like this. This had a profound impact on the way in which I perceived McDonald’s.*

Anyway, now there are four McDonald’s in and around old town (two in old town proper, and two quite nearby in the mall next to the main train station) and a number of others scattered throughout the general Krakow area.

This one is worth stopping in just for the recent history. In fact even today you can still see entire grade-school classes walking in a line to go to McDonald's occasionally (just hope you don't get stuck in the back of that line!)

*…or maybe it was just a way to justify going there after a night out in the pub. :P
View from ul. Florianska
McDonald's on Florianska
flat screen TV playing music video…
Don't throw your receipt away!
Lord_Mike says:
I remember well....Starbucks, McDonalds. Burger King, and Walgreens....way too funny to be keeping track of all that on a Meet Up....but the silly things we do! Have a super day, Jeremy, we need to tip some beers together again soon!!!
KeikoCreative says:
Who knows maybe change of luck, this time u are able to get the resident of Poland with smooth sailing:P
Well fast food sometimes is really great;)
festerwretch says: