McCarran International Aiport - LAS

Las Vegas, Nevada

McCarran International Aiport - LAS Las Vegas Reviews

HuBison HuBison
How to navigate the airport Sep 12, 2010
This airport is huge! When staying at the Mandalay Bay, you can look right across the street and see the airport. It is really close to the Strip.

Back to it being so huge. When arriving at the terminal, it can be quite a walk to get to your luggage or ground transportation, so just accept it and use the people mover. When departing, be sure to read the signs in order to get to your terminal although I know that terminals A, B, and C are linked by tunnels that are walkable.

My main gripe is that this airport has several restaurants and eateries, but no sushi. Yes, it might be a bit creepy to eat sushi in a land locked state, but with advances in transportation, wouldn't an airport be the best place to receive a flight of fresh fish? Anywho, once that became a let-down, it just felt like a striggle to find something that would make my tummy happy. In comparison to some ariports, it has a larege selection of options, but needs more.

When arriving, you should easily be able to get to the shuttle or parking terminal without much of a struggle or fear of getting lost. When departing, you would benefit from printng out your ticket and checking in from your hotel before arriving. It is a large airport, it can get busy, but if you aren't checking luggage, the kiosk can help you check in quite fast. Some lines for certain airlines are stupendously long, but for the most part, you shouldn't be in line forever.
Africancrab Africanc…
My Favourite US Airport Mar 02, 2009
McCarran International Airport, Las Vegas (LAS)

This is my frequent flyer airport (smile). I love traveling through McCarran and do so often. Last year (2008) alone, I traveled through it 11 times with a smile on my face. No it was not because of the casino machines located right in the airport terminals and arrivals /departure halls: I do not gamble, however it never ceases to fascinate me; the people who go broke in an hour of seating at the slot machines while waiting for their flights. Nothing short of fascinating because they look like addicts who need a fix before boarding the plane.

The reason I love McCarran is because of it’s cleanliness, beauty, efficiency and a class way above average. I think because Las Vegas’ economy departs largely on tourism, the state government/ city administration has out in the effort to welcome, welcome, welcome to the best of hospitality. Unlike many of the airports that seem to be using BOINGO for internet service, the internet service at McCarran is free to all which is rare. BTW with there are so many electrical outlets to serve all purposes including drying your hair if you want to: well no hair drying for me.

Did I mention that this airport is very well run and it seems they seek to improve service each time I travel through it. I travel mostly for pleasure.

I will tell you right now the best days to travel through McCarran are week days Monday through Thursday, Friday is a really busy day when everyone seems to be traveling and the crowd can be much. The airport is large and terminals are not so close together. I love the efficient train service to baggage claim and different terminals. OMG they have a Tea Leaf in the airport: I’m a tea drinker so this adds an additional star for McCarran not to mention the Coffee Bean where I took coffee for the first time on my way to a Kansas City Meet up last June. There is plenty to choose from as far as food is concerned: unless one is really picky there is enough food for all types of people, and for smokers well you just have to find your happy place. No smoking like many other airports. Awesome!

My only caution with McCarran airport is the baggage claim area. There are too many carousels and too many people trying to pick their bags and too many machines screaming wheel of fortune, too many voices announcing shows at different hotels and Casinos and the noise, noise, noise is deafening. If you have been to Tokyo and walked the streets down town, the human traffic there compares to McCarran on a busy day - try Friday (Ok maybe I over exaggerated but you get the drift).

I have never lost luggage in Vegas, and never had to worry about delayed baggage delivery to carousels and I have never been in a hurry while in McCarran, so all in all my experiences have been good, thus far!

Check Las Vegas Hotel Deals