Mazatlan 58

01 322 226 4809

Mazatlan 58 Cancun Reviews

Amanda Amanda
Apr 20, 2007
This wonderful restaurant was introduced to me by fellow Travbuddies and Couchsurfers Manolo and Erik when I was lucky enough to stay with them in Cancun.

It is a wonderful seafood buffet; now I know that normally, the words "seafood" and "buffet" should NOT go together - that goes into "danger Will Robinson" territory. This, however, is different.

You pay one blanket price of approximately $13.00 US, for that, you begin to fill your plate.

There are several different kinds of ceviche; I tried a couple, (a mixed fish and another that I'm ashamed to say I no longer am sure of) and they were both amazing.

I've never been a huge fan of Calamari - I've always found it rubbery and tasteless; but here, they had it not breaded (although they had that also) but a style that was just the meat, grilled, with a little lime. The flavor was wonderful and I actually went back for a bit more.

There were a million of options; crab and shrimp, several types of soups, mexican dishes... the options were fantastic.

Also wonderful was a drink that I still need to learn the name of and update here later; the lime version of a mojito? The most refreshing and delicious drink I may have ever had.

Also, take note of the great look of the restaurant; Erik and Manolo designed it. :)

Hope you enjoy!